Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-05-25 15:24:54

Summer

Theme page is forbidden to delete?

Why can’t the theme’s own page be deleted? The new page can be deleted? Change where to ensure that new pages are not deleted?

#2 2018-05-25 15:59:50

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Theme page is forbidden to delete?

I’m not sure as to which theme you are talking about, but it probably can not be deleted as it is in use.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2018-05-26 01:35:53

Summer

colak wrote #312089:

I’m not sure as to which theme you are talking about, but it probably can not be deleted as it is in use.

archive.txp default.txp error_default.txp
The delete button will not be displayed on these 3 pages. How can I not delete other new pages?

#4 2018-05-26 02:28:14

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Summer wrote #312095:

archive.txp default.txp error_default.txp
The delete button will not be displayed on these 3 pages. How can I not delete other new pages?

Those 3 forms are required to exist by TXP internally; you cannot delete them at the present time. If you don’t use, leave them empty and then ignore them, nothing bad will happen.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#5 2018-05-28 06:42:47

Destry
Website

Expanding on phiw13’s response, it’s generally good habit to use the default elements in Txp as they were employed (i.e. edit the markup as needed, but keep using the same default templates).

Some advantages:

1. Better understanding of how Txp works by default.
  2. Fewer forms over all (especially as you can’t delete the defaults, so might as well use them).
  3. Less development, since you’re not creating new ones and changing all the markup in relation.
  4. Easier to get support help when talking about it, because most people here use the defaults and assume you’re using the defaults too.
  5. If you ever need to restore the original default markup, you can pull it directly from the dev repo.

Of course, you don’t have to use the defaults, but the above reasons are generally why many people do.

But I have not done much with themes at this point, so I might be speaking from an outdated perspective.

Board footer