Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2018-04-25 19:11:01

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: [SOLVED] conditionals, sticky, and other single articles in a section

colak wrote #311417:

Am I right that you use just the title in the url schema? ie site.tld/title? In such case I am not sure how the txp mechanism will recognise the section of an individual article.

Good thinking, Yiannis!

Okay, so if the url scheme is just /title, all you need is:

<txp:article status="sticky" />
<txp:article />

And the links to the live articles in the body of the sticky article must be just /url-title.

No if_article_list is necessary. BTW: Oleg has made some very recent alterations (post beta 3) that make it possible to do the above with one txp:article tag: see here .

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#14 2018-04-25 20:56:07

Destry
Website

Thanks, gentlehommes!

Two silly things, as it turned out.

jakob wrote #311416:

check that your sticky article is set to sticky and on the right section

That was the first problem. I think I had changed that earlier today while testing/floundering and forgot to change it back. That brought the sticky back into focus.

As for the two other articles, I had typed in my in-page links for them before actually creating the articles, then when I did create them, I didn’t use the same titles, so the URL-only titles didn’t match. Didn’t occur to me at all until stepping away from the computer for a bit, and you’re suggestions about checking things like that got me thinking too, Julian.

You guys have good memory about my URL pattern, but that was actually in my blog (subdomain) site. This was in the root site, which uses section/title.

All seems to be well now. Thank you so much. Julian, as usual, you go beyond the call of duty. Sorry about that.

I will now go investigate this new tag strategy of Oleg’s you speak of.

#15 2018-04-25 21:04:38

Destry
Website

colak wrote #311417:

But we both must be doing something wrong as Destry’s experiment is not fully working yet.

Nope, the dope would be me.

Board footer