Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-06-14 15:28:54

uli

"Section x uses Page y" not working

Very spooky thing: I’ve created a new page template, assigned it to a section, and when I call that section it does not use the new template but the default one. Absolutely no doubt about that, I put a bullet character between the body tags of the default template, the bullet is there on the front side, removed the bullet from the template, the bullet is gone.

When I open Presentation > Sections the correct page is assigned to my section, so no doubt the DB is working correctly there, too. Turned off all plugins, to no avail. Aside of one change I’ve had to do for server progress (split -> explode in include/txp_auth.php), everything is fine in Diagnostics. (I should mention it’s in a TXP v4.0.6, something I can’t do anything about ATM.)

Is there something I can check that I might not have thought of?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#2 2017-06-14 15:52:00

uli

Re: "Section x uses Page y" not working

Found it: It had to do with the lacking .htaccess file. Now, with .htaccess and a non messy URL scheme it’s working.

But why in heaven is that necessary and why doesn’t it work in messy mode?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer