Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-09-07 13:10:44

maverick
Website

Last week we had a Destry Sighting. Now a Stef Dawson Sighting

Last week we had a Destry sighting. This week, a Stef Dawson Sighting

Image my surprise when I recently watched the first episode of Cleverman and saw Stef Dawson pop up in the introductory credits.

A quick google search yielded this news headline: Stef Dawson, our next big name in Hollywood

Stef, you are even busier (and dare I say bustier) than we realized, what with your budding career as a Hollywood starlet. I had no idea! I must also say, your hair is a bit redder than I pictured. ;-P

#2 2016-09-07 13:34:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Last week we had a Destry Sighting. Now a Stef Dawson Sighting

maverick wrote #301151:

This week, a Stef Dawson Sighting

:-) and you wonder why I’m slacking around these parts so much.

Up until she got the role in The Hunger Games, I pretty much owned the top ten slots in Google, and had done for close to a decade. Nowadays, I barely even feature unless you add ‘bloke’ to the search term. Damn the zeitgeist and fickle nature of celebrity. Before that, I donated her my old Twitter account too, and took out a new one. Not that I’ve ever used it. Then she eclipsed me.

Seriously though, there’s no bad blood between me and the prettier, red-headed version of myself. We’re mates on Facebook. It does feel weirdly narcissistic to hold a public conversation with yourself though. But at least I kinda know how Dave Gorman felt. And I’m definitely not alone, as mentioned via the links in my about page.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2016-09-07 13:45:24

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #301155:

Up until she got the role in The Hunger Games, I pretty much owned the top ten slots in Google, and had done for close to a decade.

Stef Dawson: Weirdo comes up on the 3rd page of my Google results.

As writing styles go, I like reading your musings, and the pics are outrageous.

This year my blog dropped in Google’s search results, passed over by some guy in the NBA. When I got back online and started writing content, it floated back to the top, thanks Google.

Content is King, write often is all I say.

#4 2016-09-07 14:01:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

hcgtv wrote #301158:

Content is King, write often is all I say.

Yeah, I’ve neglected the writing stuff recently. Might help if I put some effort in!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2016-09-07 14:05:21

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote #301155:

Nowadays, I barely even feature unless you add ‘bloke’ to the search term. Damn the zeitgeist and fickle nature of celebrity.

Having lived in the shadow of a epynomous Australian actor my entire life, I can sympathize.

#6 2016-09-07 14:06:05

maverick
Website

Bloke wrote #301155:

And I’m definitely not alone, as mentioned via the links in my about page.

I had not read your about page since it was last update. Now I understand how you are so productive – you really are multiple people, one identity. Sweet! :D

Board footer