Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-11-27 09:37:20

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Do you use/have you used Shopify?

I’m a Magento refugee and I’m considering my next step for my own store and my clients. I’ve chosen Lemonstand as the replacement to my hosted Magento, but I’m looking for a reliable SaaS option for my clients, perhaps even to use it for my own store in place of a hosted option. I’ve just about settled on Shopify as a viable option, and reading around there seems to be a general acceptance of it as a good thing. Do you use or have you used Shopify in the past? How is/was it for you?

#2 2013-11-27 14:13:43

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Do you use/have you used Shopify?

Yeah I’ve got a couple of clients that use Shopify, it’s quite nice I think.

Had a couple of issues with badly coded templates before (they supposedly ‘curate’ a collection third-party site templates which you can buy but some of them can be a bit shoddy) – it’s all HTML though so you can fix them up fairly easily, or use your own bespoke templates if you wish.

#3 2013-11-27 14:30:03

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Thanks, Phil. Appreciate your input, as always.

I take your point about templates/themes – you’re not the first person to mention that, actually.

#4 2015-10-29 22:22:52

bici
Website Mastodon

looking to use Shopify for a friend’s girlfriend who wants to sell items online. Any updated thoughts on Shopify and their templates? Also any good manuals on using Shpofiy with a current existing domain? … their docs are not clear enough from what i have read.

…. texted postive

Board footer