Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-09-25 08:58:21

Destry
Website

Two different Preferences display

I have two local installs of 4.5.7 (r5900). One is my wion.com local which has been evolving since 2004, and one is newer within the last five years. The preferences appear different in each case.

One combines the Basic and Advanced on a single panel (Basic), with only some plugin prefs and a category (article count) pref on the Advanced panel.

The other is split as expected with just a few Publish prefs on Basic and everything else on Advanced.

I don’t really care about it, as long as everything is working, and it seems like it is, but I never paid attention to it before until today. What could have been the cause of that difference between the two installs?

#2 2015-09-25 11:58:31

uli

Re: Two different Preferences display

Destry wrote #295122:

What could have been the cause of that difference between the two installs?

I remember you’ve written here about having installed a pre-release 4.6. That one will have combined basic and advanced preferences. Could that be the reason?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2015-09-25 15:18:15

Destry
Website

Re: Two different Preferences display

I have third (new) installation that is pre 4.6, but perhaps I did upgrade one of the others at one time and then downgraded again. I don’t really recall, but I guess that would do it, eh?

Thanks.

Board footer