Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-05-02 15:21:14

raminrahimi

Need custom form for public users

is there any good plugin for textpattern to create a secure custom form for public users to submit which has attach option as well, example i need to have: Name, Email, Gender, Address, Attachment, Message…
thanks

#2 2015-05-02 15:32:00

uli

Re: Need custom form for public users

Those who can help (not me) might want to know how you want to handle that attachment:

1. Mailed to the form mail recipient
  2. FTPed to a server
  3. Added to the database (txp_file or elsewhere?)

The rest is zem_contact_reborn, as always.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2015-05-02 15:49:48

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

there is the sed_anonymous_file_upload plugin (no longer available but I have it). I stopped using it due to a security scare. When Steve warned that it had vulnerabilities when he released it and it was only given on request. I don’t know if it works on txp:4.5.x and I would check and use a third party solutions after checking their security report.

Edited to add, that the plugin only had with 2 or 3 fields (which if i remember correctly, they were sent by email) and just uploaded the file in the files directory.

Last edited by colak (2015-05-02 15:52:51)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2015-05-04 13:12:53

aslsw66
Website

I did make the request for sed_anonymous_file_upload but found it didn’t work with the latest version of Textpattern.

I know that mem_form has the callbacks to enable this functionality, but you need to build your own functions for handling the attachments. Which I’ve never got around to figuring out!

Board footer