Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-02-24 16:05:51

helenneon

Can't delete section(s)

I can create and change sections, but I can’t delete any. I use the very last version of simple textpattern.
I choose some section(s) and then press delete -> site askes me if I’m sure -> page updates but nothing changes.
Help, please. Can I delete sections in bare code somehow?

#2 2015-02-24 16:29:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Can't delete section(s)

helenneon wrote #288554:

I can create and change sections, but I can’t delete any.

Do you have any articles assigned to the Sections you’re trying to delete? If so, Textpattern will not delete such a Section (although it erroneously doesn’t display a message to that effect: we’ll fix that).

If you hit the Show more detail checkbox, you’ll see how many articles are assigned to each Section. Any that show counts of 0 may be deleted. For the rest, you’ll need to reassign the articles first (clicking the count value will list all the articles in that Section, subject to your pagination settings).

Hope that helps.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2015-02-24 16:29:39

uli

Hi helenneon, welcome to the Textpattern forum!

Not quite sure what’s going on. Is the section deleted from the sections panel but still visible on your website’s front (menu, sidebar or elsewhere)? Or does even the sections panel show the deleted section on and on? Anyways, first thing I’ve thought of is deleting the cache. Have you?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2015-02-24 20:37:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Bloke wrote #288555:

it erroneously doesn’t display a message to that effect: we’ll fix that

Exhibit A fixed.
Exhibit B fixed.

Last edited by Bloke (2015-02-24 21:02:06)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer