Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2014-06-13 21:32:10

giz
Website

Re: Modular Content

Its been a while since I’ve visited this thread: many ‘juicy’ posts.

Julián, I’m intrigued by your modular content approach. It scales well—invisible to the user most of the time, available when required. If overide_form is used as per Oleg’s suggestion, it’d be simple to create a handful of presets for the user to select from—a good naming system for each preset and you’re sorted.

Combine bot_write_tab_customize and you can place the overide_form menu up-front so the user has a prompt. Maybe with a Javascript hook so that the visibility of the various fields (and their display order) change on the fly…

Mike: your thinking aloud is infectious ;-) Back in 2003 (just before I switched to TXP) I used Filemaker Pro for all my content management needs. I set it up so that the content edit screens were always a rough analogue of the public page. It was a no-brainer for my clients to use (everything where you expect it to be in Filemaker), but a pain for me to set up!

Back then I kept it all on the Desktop. Hit the ‘publish’ button in my FMP app and a script would export all the html pages onto the company intranet. This allowed them to vet any changes in full fidelity prior to going live. When they were happy they clicked another button in FMP which then synched the intranet copy to the public webserver.

Kludgy, but from my clients perspective dead-easy to use.

Board footer