Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1369 2014-01-10 09:35:12

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Try

<txp:zem_contact to="email@domain.com" label=""  thanks="Thank you, your message has been sent.">
        <txp:zem_contact_text label="Vaše jméno:"  type="text"  required="1" autocomplete="1" /> </br>
        <txp:zem_contact_email label="Váš e-mail"/>
        <txp:zem_contact_text label="Předmět:" type="text"  required="1" /> </br>
        <txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Zpráva:"/></br>
        <txp:zem_contact_submit label="Odeslat" class="butt" />
      </txp:zem_contact>

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#1370 2014-01-10 12:30:21

dorka

Thanks for the improvement, Colak, but it didn’t solve the problem :-). Any other sugestions, please?

#1371 2014-01-10 13:49:58

uli

dorka, unless you’re not using one of the inofficial zcr versions hacked altered for HTML5 support (which I can not yet help with) try removing the autocomplete attribute from <txp:zem_contact_text label="Vaše jméno:" type="text" required="1" autocomplete="1" />. It’s not part of the standard zcr attributes .

edit 1: double negative, beware, edit 2: sorry, that sounded really ugly, not intended

Last edited by uli (2014-01-10 14:14:03)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#1372 2014-01-10 14:39:28

monicahu

dorka wrote #277983:

Hi guys,
I’m trying to impement probably very basic functions of zcr on a page and I get this error:

<code>Tag error: &lt;txp:zem_contact_email label="Váš e-mail" default=""/&gt; -&gt; Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: default. while parsing form kontakt on page default</code>...

Pls try this (have been tested on my site, pls change back your email address before testing):

<txp:zem_contact to="email@domain.com" thanks="Thank you, your message has been sent.">
        <txp:zem_contact_text label="Vaše jméno:"  required="1" /> <br />
        <txp:zem_contact_email label="Váš e-mail"/><br />
        <txp:zem_contact_text label="Předmět:" required="1" /> <br />
        <txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Zpráva:"/><br />
        <txp:zem_contact_submit label="Odeslat" />
      </txp:zem_contact>

Problems with your codes are:

label="" should only be used with the simple tag <txp:zem_contact /> and not the container tags <txp:zem_contact>...</txp:zem_contact>
type="text"  - incorrect attribute
autocomplete="1" - incorrect attribute
class="butt" - incorrect attribute, should define zemSubmit in css (refer to Help of the plugin)
<br /> seems more proper than </br>

Edit: if you want your own style for Submit button then try my way. Replace the line of <txp:zem_contact_submit /> by

<p id="publish" class="center">
<input type="submit" class="button" value="Send" name="zem_contact_submit" />
<input type="reset" class="button" value="Clear" />
</p>

Last edited by monicahu (2014-01-10 14:45:07)

Monica
Life with God is the purpose.

#1373 2014-01-10 16:41:46

dorka

Hi guys,
Uli, I use the plugin version altered by hilaryaq (offered earlier in this thread). Autocomplete seems to work OK, never the less I removed it from the code, but it didn’t help. Same with atributes “label” and “type”, as Monica sugested. As far as “butt” attribute is concern I believe this is right, but the problem seems to be in the

<txp:zem_contact_email label="Váš e-mail"/>

tag. When I remove it from the form the error disapears.

It just came to my mind now – I test on MAMP local host, maybe I have uncorrect settings on the localhost which interfere with the default values in the form?

Last edited by dorka (2014-01-10 16:43:04)

#1374 2014-01-10 16:49:23

uli

dorka wrote #278015:

When I remove it from the form the error disapears.

Hm, just a stab in the dark: I’d then try to replace the accented letters by HTML entities.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#1375 2014-01-13 13:10:36

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Hi! Just wondering with Ruud has Stef confirmed he’s taking over maintenance of the plugin, I thought he didn’t have time as he sent me on edits but maybe that’s changed, or if Stef can confirm he’s taken it over maybe so we know someone can release a proper version with the help files from my web site, new language packs (French has been included in this thread) etc!

Ruud just wondering if you saw my posts, I love zem_contact_reborn, and when I started using html5 I just had to develop it to be html5 friendly for my own use and clients but then since the work was done anyway it was nothing extra to share it back to the community, and I’m delighted people have been sending me code to develop it with which saves their time as they don’t have to then test the code, bug fix, and provide release as I can look after that.. so the plugin has taken on it’s own life as regards the html5 version and I would love to continue to drive that on, mainly because I’m going to anyway for my own use!

If Stef has taken over, who I’m a big fan of, just to confirm here as I will still be developing the plugin for my own use and better send changes onto Stef instead of releasing via my web site so for the future of the plugin it would be important to confirm this and make sure the html5 version doesn’t get stagnant and Stef has time to do all this, otherwise as I said before I’ve already been developing/maintaining/releasing the plugin unofficially since I coded the original html5 version on top of zcr so it’s not any extra time for me!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1376 2014-01-13 19:33:19

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

@hilaryaq: no, I haven’t heard from Stef. I basically dropped the plugin code in his lap and asked him to take over or if not to let me know so I could find someone else.

#1377 2014-01-13 20:21:45

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ruud wrote #278113:

@hilaryaq: no, I haven’t heard from Stef. I basically dropped the plugin code in his lap and asked him to take over or if not to let me know so I could find someone else.

Hi, yes, sorry about not replying sooner. Bad form. I haven’t had a chance to review Ruud’s version yet and figure out which bits (if any) from the various other versions should go in without adding bloat. I think it’d be beneficial to extend ZCR with callbacks so other modules can slot in to add extended functionality, as some of the extensions I’m seeing are edge cases or not widely applicable to the user base.

So, in the spirit of keeping things lightweight I’d propose the main plugin:

• Add HTML 5 widget support. max, min, range, blah blah. Bit of a moving target this one, but as best we can to keep up with the ever-changing W3C.
  • Remove zem_contact_lang in favour of Textpacks that Hilary et al are compiling.
  • Get rid of deprecated split() function.
  • Add callbacks (if necessary) to support extensions.

Such extensions might be Hilary’s modernizr fallback. With the best will in the world, it’s a kind of “now” extension and is very handy to cater for old browsers, but in some distant utopian Internet where all browser interpret things perfectly as we designers intend (ha!), we won’t need that functionality. Or, something else might come along to cater for the new batch of browsers available. So it makes things easier if it’s a separate add-on that can be dropped or altered outside the core plugin, which should just handle form data imo and basic mail.

The same goes for mrdale’s multi-part MIME extension. HTML emails, sure, some people love them, others don’t. Adding HTML capability means a lot of code that a lot of people won’t use so, again, I’d propose this is an extension. If you want it, install it and boom, your emails get sent as HTML and plaintext. Or maybe you want to farm processing off to some third party mail program instead of the built-in mail(). An extension hooked into the ‘send’ callback could farm the content (body, headers, subject, to, from, etc) to some other installed mail program or service; even SMS, BBM, Twitter, whatever.

I might be wrong here, please shout if so. But that to me sounds like a reasonable approach. If that’s the case, then I’ll gladly take over maintainership of the core plugin and assist others with writing extensions if necessary.

Howzat?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#1378 2014-01-13 20:37:45

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Stef happy new year! I think I’ve already removed the deprecated split (I removed one recently that you pointed out) and cleaned up a few bugs, if you download the version on my blog page proximowebdesign.ie/blog should be at the top, that’s the latest tested version.. I get where your coming from with modernizr, with the knowledge that it won’t be included in zcr I can develop it myself as a seperate plugin completely but that it will work with zcr if people want to use it, they’ll just have to input more manual code than they would otherwise but if they really want that functionality they’ll go to the bit of extra effort!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1379 2014-01-13 20:42:32

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Also the zem_contact_email needs to be looked at as we should just be inputting email as an input type same as text etc! but it wasn’t plugging into the server side validation or the email form ‘from’ field so that needs extra coding, for now the old tag is being used of zem_contact_email until the new tag works the same way as it.. There was a bug with a default value, can’t remember properly now but when I integrated the previous code an error spits up for a default value which was defunct so I had removed that where it was mentioned.. You might see anyway if you download the latest one the few problems there might be a better way of solving them!

I put in the language pack for the last update too, and the help file on my blog page explains everything for the plugin as it is now if you want to include it in the official plugin it would be handy, saves you having to write it anyway!

Last edited by hilaryaq (2014-01-13 20:44:47)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#1380 2014-01-13 21:10:30

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Regarding Modernizr, we’ve managed to remove the need for that library entirely on this forum with some leaner, better JavaScript – I’d imagine that would be the best way forward for this plugin too.

Board footer