Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-09-11 18:47:54

calshamus

Upgrade PHP to 5.5 - Internal error "preg_replace(): The /e modifier

After upgrading PHP 5.5, when posting a new article to Textpattern v4.5.4 I’m getting several prompt errors while publishing:
Internal error “preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead”.

The article does in fact post after clicking a series of prompt OKs and the article can be seen via a browser when done.

Also when bringing up the article again for editing, after posting, from the left pane “Recent articles” I get this error:

Internal error “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘from textpattern where `ID` = ‘35’ limit 1’ at line 1”.

Not sure what/where to resolve.

One last data point, if I post another article, I get all the errors above, and article 2 is now viewable via a browser, but the first article doesn’t display…it’s there, there is a huge space where it wants to display, but it’s essentially blank, a big blank space where the article would normally display.

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving this matter.

Last edited by calshamus (2013-09-11 18:50:02)

#2 2013-09-11 20:10:45

uli

Re: Upgrade PHP to 5.5 - Internal error "preg_replace(): The /e modifier

Hi calshamus, and welcome to the Textpattern forum.

In a neighboured topic, Jukka – one of Textpattern’s core develeopers – writes:

Textpattern 4.5.x isn’t compatible with PHP 5.5.

There might be some more interesting points for you in that thread.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2013-09-11 21:00:42

calshamus

Ok that’s definitely good to know. I’ll have to see if downgrading PHP to 5.4 is an option or not. Unfortunately that thread doesn’t mention the problem I’m having, but fixes another PHP5.5 issue I’ve not run into…yet.

Thanks for the information!

#4 2013-09-11 23:22:35

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

calshamus wrote:

Internal error “preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead”.

This originates from Textile. Textile versions older than 3.5.0/2.5.0 use the deprecated modifier, and as such invoke notices. It’s been resolved in Textile 3.5.0/2.5.0 releases which is used in Textpattern in the 4.6 development branch and nightlies.

#5 2013-09-13 16:58:26

calshamus

I ended up downgrading PHP to 5.4 and I’m no longer getting the “Internal error “preg_replace():”.

Thanks for your help.

Board footer