Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-12-06 23:06:24

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

Live mode showing blank page, Test/Debug mode showing no errors

I’m running 4.5.4. High Diagnostic

As the title suggest, I’ve been scratching my head today. I have been trying to track down the cause of a possible silent error. When I switch to the live mode my site shows blank page throughout the site. Nothing is being written to the error_log as far as a critical PHP error, and there are no errors output on any page in either debug or testing mode.

I know that Live turns off all error reporting, but there must be something somewhere in my forms maybe that is failing silently in Test and Debug. Any idea how I could force output of any errors to my pages?

#2 2012-12-07 07:38:19

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Live mode showing blank page, Test/Debug mode showing no errors

I had a similar error after updating to the latest release where part of the page was refusing to be parsed whilst the diagnostics showed no warnings.
It took me some time to find it but in the end it was my template/forms coding. I was using double instead of single quotes in one place. The way I eventually debugged it is by disabling parts of the code and checking the response in the front end.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2012-12-07 15:36:56

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Live mode showing blank page, Test/Debug mode showing no errors

Found it, it’s related to a plugin. cbe_if_prod_status is preventing output in Live mode in TXP 4.5.4. I have tried to notify the author.

Board footer