Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2012-08-03 06:19:03

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Themes, competitions, and Textgarden

The textpattern.com redesign might help in that respect, the adverts section has been moved in the layout I currently have sitting on my computer. I’ll have something to show in a few weeks.

#38 2012-08-03 06:51:42

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

wet wrote:

We need advertisers, not donors.

Should there be a link on all textpattern.com pages leading to a page where instructions are shown on how one can advertise there?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#39 2012-08-17 00:53:19

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote:

I believe it still has to be a person, corporation, charity or some other entity.

wet wrote:

True. I think that most of today’s open source projects are either one-man endeavours, or backed by a foundation (WikiMedia Foundation, Document Foundation, WordPress Foundation, Drupal Foundation, jQuery Foundation).

In Austria this is called a “Verein” and requires a bit of legal paperwork and a little bureaucratic overhead (not very much: every brass band, group of five pet activists, ninja chess fighters… has their own “Verein” here).

If we reach some sort of consenus among all participating parties I could talk to a lawyer to gather more details about cost and obligations. Let me know.

I originally just meant a collection of contributions from the community that would be forwarded to the owner of the domains (if taken out of Dean and Jason’s hands). E.g., if Robert owned them, the community would ensure he got funds via PayPal or whatever to keep the domains intact, so he didn’t have to cover the cost of them, only the administrative care.

However, a foundation could, perhaps, be useful for other financial activities too, like monies from advertising in .com and the magazine, competitions, events, whatever is cooked up to keep things afloat.

Just thinking aloud.

#40 2012-08-17 03:44:30

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

wet wrote:

If we reach some sort of consenus among all participating parties I could talk to a lawyer to gather more details about cost and obligations. Let me know.

Under Cyprus law at least we have associations (equivalent to vereins in Germany and Austria) and foundations. An association needs a ‘constitution’ and a min number of 20 signatures, a foundation needs to have €340,000 in cash or other assets. The process for registering associations here is also simple.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#41 2013-01-28 09:59:52

gour

philwareham wrote:

I’m not saying that the various domains should all be sacrificed for subdomains, it’s too late for that (though if I was starting this project from scratch I would probably do that solely for the benefit of having everything housed under a single domain).

I’m looking to use some theme (for the beginning) from Txg and wonder what is the current status in regard to the discussion in this thread, iow. is 4.6 still considered as ‘important’ release in the light of consolidating Txp sites (themes, plugin, forum,…) ?

#42 2013-01-28 10:29:41

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Development of the project (v4.6, v4.7 or whatever) is always going to be a priority over any other plans such as redesigned brand sites. We’ve got quite ambitious plans for v4.6 so the redesigns on these sites have taken a bit of a back seat (and I’m also incredible busy with client work until April, which doesn’t help).

#43 2013-01-28 10:59:59

gour

philwareham wrote:

Development of the project (v4.6, v4.7 or whatever) is always going to be a priority over any other plans such as redesigned brand sites.

Sure.

We’ve got quite ambitious plans for v4.6 so the redesigns on these sites have taken a bit of a back seat (and I’m also incredible busy with client work until April, which doesn’t help).

I hope to be able to help someday, but now am just curious about Txg site and its affiliation with protextthemes
web site.

Board footer