Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2011-07-30 19:48:34

Destry
Website

Re: rah_textile_bar

Gocom,

Sorry to pollute your thread, but just one last post to follow up.

The code in the database looks fine. The words that have bold and italic are marked up as expected. Also, a tag trace doesn’t show anything strange, that I can tell. Here’s the relevant piece…

[article 39]
	[SQL (8.2015991210938E-5): select Form from txp_form where name='blog-article']
	[Form: blog-article]
	<txp:permlink>
		<txp:title />
	</txp:permlink>
	<txp:posted />
	<txp:body />
	<txp:vpl_tweet linktext="Tweet this article" separator="|" />
	<txp:comments_invite wraptag="p" />

Another strange thing I just notice is that anywhere I use a contraction (e.g., can’t, don’t, isn’t, etc.) The apostrophe (showing in the database as #8217;) ends up looking like a comma when rendered in front side. I.e., can,t, don,t, isn,t, etc. WTF?

#122 2011-07-30 22:50:11

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Destry wrote:

Another strange thing I just notice is that anywhere I use a contraction (e.g., can’t, don’t, isn’t, etc.) The apostrophe (showing in the database as #8217;) ends up looking like a comma when rendered in front side. I.e., can,t, don,t, isn,t, etc. WTF?

That and the other problems you are apparently seeing point to issue(s) with the font. Google fonts you say [*] ? In which browser do you see those issue btw ? Got a link to a page that shows the problem ?

[*] I must say, I’m not particularly in love with those… More than once I ran into weirdo issues – missing characters, poor smoothing,…

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#123 2011-07-31 10:48:11

Destry
Website

phiw13 wrote:

That and the other problems you are apparently seeing point to issue(s) with the font. Google fonts you say [*] ? In which browser do you see those issue btw ? Got a link to a page that shows the problem ?

I turned the Google font off to just test with standard old Arial on the desktop. The apostrophe problem goes away, so that was definitely the Google font, but bold and italic formatting still does not render in the font side, despite the text being marked up correctly in source.

The problem is the same in all browsers. Site is in secured development.

I have used Google fonts in other projects, like here, and have had no problems. I guess it just depends on the font. I would imagine if the font creators were informed of the problems people find, they’d try and fix them.

I’ve moved further discussion of this issue to here

#124 2011-08-02 05:52:33

maruchan
Website

Hey Jukka, thanks for this plugin. I had an idea:

Thinking of how rah_output_section_form works, what about modifying the “Form” button so that it functions like:

Admins create a form called ttb_paypal_button, for example.

Staff writers click the “Form” button and see a dropdown menu with all the ttb_-prefixed forms in it, like “Paypal_button” and they can choose that rather than having to type it in (or as an alternative).

Anyway, just an idea, might make the button more more editor-friendly.

#125 2011-08-02 06:23:43

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Marc, this is an excellent idea but I would gently push it and request it to work with smd_macro

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#126 2012-03-12 15:08:43

alannie

Hi, this plugin is an elegant way to get around the usual limitations of a WYSIWYG editor. I’m having issues with ordered and unordered lists, however. Ideally, I’d like to be able to type this:

Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

And THEN select the above and click either the bulleted or numbered list button. Unfortunately, this results in only the first item becoming a list item, like this:

* Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

Having to click the button for each item wipes out the time-saving benefit of using the toolbar. Has anyone come up with a fix?

#127 2012-03-17 02:19:42

alannie

Hi, is this plugin orphaned? Seems nobody has posted a response since August of last year.

#128 2012-03-17 09:56:14

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Alannie, try posting an issue on the GitHub repo for this

#129 2012-03-17 13:52:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

alannie wrote:

Hi, is this plugin orphaned?

No, it’s not. If it was, it would most likely say so, and if it was changes are that’s it would be either superseded or deprecated, instead of just being orphaned.

Seems nobody has posted a response since August of last year.

Textpattern support forum in general has very little to no activity at all, and rah_textile_bar itself has probably, what, 500 unique users or so. Don’t hold breath until the next ten posts.

Has anyone come up with a fix?

A new feature? No. What you have asked, has been asked before. To be clear the whole code base would need a rewrite, before any new fancy stuff can be added. The current code base is in use because while it’s old-school, it provides very wide browser support.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-03-17 14:06:21)

#130 2012-06-22 22:13:14

saccade
Plugin Author

Hi Jukka,

In Word you can select multiple non-consecutive words and make them bold all at once by selecting the bold button once.

Now a client of me wants to have that exact behaviour to work in editing the main text field in textpattern.
Is it possible to achieve multiple non-consecutive selection in your plugin?

best regards
Michael

Last edited by saccade (2012-06-22 22:18:09)

#131 2012-06-22 22:33:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

saccade wrote:

Is it possible to achieve multiple non-consecutive selection in your plugin?

No, unfortunately it is not. As of v0.7, the plugin allows selecting range of letters, and modifies strictly that single selection. Adding multiple, non-consecutive selection support isn’t possible in terms of APIs afaik.

Looking at the future, the next version of rah_textile_bar will work differently (if it comes out), and will not actually even really strictly use user’s highlighted selections, but instead modifies either the current word(s) or the line(s) based on the action.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-06-22 22:38:54)

#132 2012-09-02 06:42:35

husainhk
Website

Will be awesome if this could help in creating HTML tables! I always have to help my not-so-savvy customers in creating tables in the Body :)

Board footer