Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2012-02-15 19:00:49

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Re: smd_wrap: conditionally wrap stuff with tags and labels

@ Maniqui

+1 for the leading blank space and textile transform. Or otherwise create a new mode “textile-inline”.

@ Bloke

For info:

with smd_wrap 0.2beta and smd_macro, {remplacment} tags are still considered empty. Nothing is wrapped

This is not the case with smd_wrap 0.1 and smd_wrap_all 0.2beta

#74 2012-02-15 19:28:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maniqui

Thanks for the detailed report, as ever. I’ll look into some fixes. Off the top of my head I have a feeling I know why they’re happening.

Firstly, Txp’s do_list() strips spaces from stuff which probably means your replace transform is being truncated unless you ‘protect the space’ with the closing pipe. I should use explode() instead.

Secondly, in the textile case, the contents is probably being truncated too. Remember the default attribute for smd_wrap is trim="1" which is removing the space first. Try it with trim="0" and see if the paragraph tag is removed. I suspect it’ll render as expected (though the transform itself might strip spaces, I can’t remember — I hope it doesn’t or it’s a bug).

Not sure if there’s a solution as such, aside from making trim="0" by default. Perhaps that’s better now we have smd_wrap_all as an option? Or perhaps smd_wrap_all should set trim="1" while smd_wrap should set trim="0" by default? Or is that too confusing?

sacripant wrote:

smd_macro, {remplacment} tags are still considered empty. Nothing is wrapped

Do you have an example please? I can then try and replicate what you’re seeing so I can investigate. Thanks.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#75 2012-02-15 20:48:41

maniqui
Website

Bloke
Totally forgot about the “trim” attribute, and setting it to 0 makes the difference. Thanks.

This lead me to discover that the textile transform won’t play nice when there are multiple lines (each one probably with leading spaces too) inside smd_wrap_all.
So, a bit of googling taught me about the /m modifier for regexs :D

Now, I share with you all the Ultimate Textilezer snippet:

<txp:smd_wrap_all transform="replace|regex|#^[ \t]+#m||, textile">

h3. {title}

{summary}

h4. Yeah, this line (and the above ones too!) had leading blank spaces, but it's cool, they will get textilized too.

chaooooooos paragraph
   with leading spaces
or without them

# list item
# list
   # a blank space in front? No prob! This is a list item too
   ## second level!

</txp:smd_wrap_all>

Enjoy!

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#76 2012-02-16 11:23:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maniqui

One for the scrapbook / plugin examples! Brilliant, thanks.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#77 2012-02-16 15:09:15

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

If you do heavy regex stuff, like Textile parsing, consider/remember to cache the results. Such a task can have bigger hit to overall performance than you may expect.

#78 2012-02-16 15:54:48

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke a écrit:

Do you have an example please? I can then try and replicate what you’re seeing so I can investigate. Thanks.

I tried smd_macros with a vevent (hcalendar microformat).
My Macro definition :

<div class="vevent">
   <txp:smd_wrap transform="textile" trim="0" wraptag="h3" class="summary" item=" {title}" />
	<div class="meta meta-event">

<p class="date_duration">			
			  <txp:smd_wrap label="Start" labeltag="strong" wraptag="abbr" class="dtstart"  attr="title|{start}" transform="date|%b %Y" item="{start}"/><br />
			  <txp:smd_wrap label="End" labeltag="strong" wraptag="abbr" class="dtend"  attr="title|{end}" transform="date|%b %Y" item="{end}"/>				
		</p>
		<p class="location">
          <a class="include" href='#<txp:smd_wrap transform="sanitize|url_title" item="{lieu}" />-hcard'>{lieu}</a>
		</p>
	</div>   
   <txp:smd_wrap transform="textile" wraptag="div" class="description">{description}</txp:smd_wrap>
</div> <!-- .vevent -->

And if i write (in write tab)

notextile.. <txp:vevent 
            lieu="Bloke's Home" 
            start="2012-02-30" 
            end="2012-03-01" 
            title="Textpattern Drinks"
            description="

Cool, fiesta _chez Bloke_ !!

"/>

Résultat :

<div class="vevent">

<div class="meta meta-event">

<p class="date_duration">			
			  <br />

</p>
		<p class="location">
          <a class="include" href='#-hcard'>Bloke's Home</a>
		</p>
	</div>   

</div> <!-- .vevent -->

{remplacment} tags are still considered empty.
With smd_wrap_all everything works.

#79 2012-02-16 16:20:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sacripant

Thanks for the example.

With smd_wrap_all everything works.

Yes, it will. By default, <txp:smd_wrap> only works if the item/form/container has <txp:...> tags in it. If you’re just wrapping a {replacement} you need <txp:smd_wrap_all> because it treats data as a raw stream of info, not a collection of tags.

Essentially:

• <txp:smd_wrap> behaves like <txp:chh_if_data>
  • <txp:smd_wrap_all> behaves like <txp:smd_wrap> did in v0.10

Shout at maniqui if this is wrong (he convinced me change it!), or — probably more productive — let me know if you think this situation can be improved by better naming or altering some of the default attributes.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-02-16 16:21:35)

#80 2012-02-16 17:14:54

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

I started my tests with “smd_wrap 0.1”. Until arriving at {lieu} (place):

<p class="location">
   <a class="include" href='#<txp:smd_wrap transform="sanitize|url_title" item="{lieu}" />-hcard'>{lieu}</a>
</p>

How to wrap {lieu} with a and p ?

<txp:smd_wrap wraptag="p" class="location">
</txp:smd_wrap>

Don’t work, if {lieu} is empty, p and a are displayed. Then I update smd_wrap to 0.2b. but {lieu} are not recognized.
The solution is to ship {replacement} tag in <txp:variable /> :

<txp:variable name="lieu" value="{lieu}" />
<txp:smd_wrap wraptag="p" class="location">
   <a class="include" href='#<txp:smd_wrap_all transform="sanitize|url_title" item="{lieu}" />-hcard'><txp:variable name="lieu" /></a>

OK.

if you think this situation can be improved by better naming or altering some of the default attributes.

Mmmmh,
Never used {tokken} in your plugins. Only <txp/> tags :¬D

#81 2012-02-24 18:56:11

alanfluff
Website

[Edit 2012-02-27-0811—the below has been improved upon

Hi Stef & fellow TXPers,

I wanted the ability to easily add subtitles to section names. And I wanted to do it by adding copy to the Section title like this My section name _my section subtitle_.

I achieved this with the following code:

<txp:smd_wrap transform="replace||</p>|">
    <txp:smd_wrap transform="replace||<p>|">
        <txp:smd_wrap transform="textile">
            <txp:section title="1" link="1" />

The multiple smd_wraps are because adding Textile support wraps the content in a <p></p> tag and I don’t want a <p></p> tag.

Is there a more elegant way of doing this with smd_wrap? I checked the docs and tried a few methods but this is the only way I’ve been able to work out (not complaining, I LOVE that I can do this!).

Thanks for the plugin Stef, cheers all, -Alan

Last edited by alanfluff (2012-02-27 13:12:21)

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#82 2012-02-24 20:32:26

jakob
Admin
Website

Yes, you can chain transforms inside the tag and do the opening and closing p-tag replace in one operation:

<txp:smd_wrap transform="textile,replace|regex|'<\/?p>'|"><txp:section title="1" link="1" /></txp:smd_wrap>

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#83 2012-02-24 20:53:34

alanfluff
Website

Thanks jakob!

I didn’t realize I could do that, excellent. I’ll go and read up (again) on regex ;) Cheers! -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#84 2012-02-24 20:57:25

uli

alanfluff wrote:

And I wanted to do it by adding copy to the Section title like this My section name _my section subtitle_.

That’s clever thinking! I like this kind of duplicated use of text inputs :) Thanks for sharing this, Alan! We’ve now three new methods for enriching section information gathered here in one day.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer