Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-03-18 01:31:57

maruchan
Website

Textpattern folder symlink problem

I usually set up a symlink for my clients, so that example.com/login points to their textpattern folder.

However, I am trying to do this on a different host now, and it’s not working: Clients try to log in, but then are redirected to:

http://www.example.com/textpattern/index.php?event=jmd_dashboard

…where they have to log in rather than being able to log in like normal (jmd_dashboard is my default tab).

Is this a web host-specific issue? Could it be something with jmd_dashboard?

It works on other sites so I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. Thanks.

#2 2011-03-18 01:53:43

maverick
Website

Re: Textpattern folder symlink problem

Marc

I’m leaning to it being a jmd_dashboard issue.

Since I installed it I am usually have to go through the log-in process twice.

In addition, on jmd_dashboard I have code that shows “logged in as username”. Even though I have just logged in, I need to reload the tab in order for it to show me as logged in (on the dashboard message).

Lastly, I still have my default set to the Write tab, but jmd_dashboard is overriding it. When I had time I was going to bring these issues up in the support thread. Just had not gotten to it yet.

Last edited by maverick (2011-03-18 03:36:32)

#3 2011-03-18 02:54:53

maruchan
Website

Well, darn. Thank you for that. I’ll probably rename my “Home” tab to “Help” or something and make something else the default for now, see if that works.

#4 2011-03-18 03:40:42

maverick
Website

Yeah. I knew there was a reason I had stopped using jmd_dashboard on another install long ago, but forgot just how annoying it was.

I’ve got esq_adminsplash set up as a “Help” tab (top level). It could also function under the Home tab. It works without the login hitch, but it only supports textile.

Last edited by maverick (2011-03-18 12:45:02)

#5 2011-03-18 05:07:31

maruchan
Website

Wow. Switching to esq_adminsplash made the problem go away entirely. :-/ Crazy! Now I get the proper symlink name showing up in the URL and everything.

Thanks, Mike!

Edit: BTW, I used this tool to convert HTML to Textile online and it got me most of the way there. Just throwing that search phrase in there in case future frustrated searchers search for what I did. :-)

Last edited by maruchan (2011-03-18 05:12:27)

Board footer