Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-02-19 12:22:22

JimJoe
Website

how do I install admin side themes ?

I uploaded 2 of them, and I found an old post in here that said to look on Presentation/Sections… but I don’t see anything there about the other themes. I checked other pages to, I don’t see them.

So where should I look ?

Thanks.

edit: I looked on textpattern.com, and on where I found the admin-side themes. No joy. As tired as I am though, I probably missed seeing it.

Last edited by JimJoe (2010-02-19 12:23:46)

#2 2010-02-19 12:27:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: how do I install admin side themes ?

Unzip the theme package from Textgarden and upload the folder to your textpattern/theme directory. Go to Advanced Prefs and there’s a dropdown to allow you to pick one to apply to your site.

Or, use smd_admin_themes for a point ‘n’ click version of the above.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-02-19 12:27:42)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2010-02-19 17:24:51

JimJoe
Website

Ah, found it. Now I can change them. My eyes were having difficulty seeing the sand/yellow text on white.

Thanks !

#4 2011-03-09 09:42:37

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote:

Unzip the theme package from Textgarden and upload the folder to your textpattern/theme directory. Go to Advanced Prefs and there’s a dropdown to allow you to pick one to apply to your site.

Or, use smd_admin_themes for a point ‘n’ click version of the above.

Stuart,

This brief, simple information should be front and center (or left) on the admin themes section of the TextGarden site. It’s clearly missing. The perfect place for it, would be directly replacing (not displacing, not pushing down) the top paragraph, THE MANY REASONS TO USE TEXTPATTERN, which is out of context and irrelevant. If someone is looking for admin themes, chances are great they already have Txp installed. They don’t need to keep seeing the marketing fluff. It’s in the way, and it’s annoying. Get rid of that and put in the useful instructions for installing the themes.

It’s the little things, people. They add up to be very big things. The entire Txp experience should be helpful from homepage of .com to implementation of tools (case in point) to the actual UI of Txp — including macro and micro content!

Sorry to sound so ranty, but somebody has to say these things, right?

#5 2011-03-10 21:42:10

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I rely on you for this stuff Destry. I shall get around to it, maybe the weekend. For some unknown reason I went and got myself a job this week, so time is limited.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer