Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-08-05 06:12:57

bernardo gomez

login problem... not able to reset password

Hi,
I just finish the install according to the guide provided in (http://textbook.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Detailed_Installation_Instructions)

I reach the ste 4 with no error messages, and create my login account with my name: “bernardo gomez” and a simple password: “2010343”. I press next and get to step 5.

There I read a warning that advise me to delete textpattern/setup.php. But I can find any file with that name, so I delete the SETUP directory at “texpattern/setup”

Then I get to step 6, to tue Admin login screen. I tried to log with my name I enter on step 3, but I get an error screen: “Could not login with that name/password”.

So, I press the forgot password link and enter my name so I reset the password. But here I get another error message that tells me “Unknown author: bernardo gomez”, and of course, I never received the email with the reset instructions.

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

#2 2010-08-05 07:24:06

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: login problem... not able to reset password

Hi bernardo

In installation you gave a name and a login with password, to connect you must use the login and not the name, the login can’t have space within it, (ex:“bernardo” is ok but “bernardo gomez” is not)

Cheers

#3 2010-08-05 16:12:34

bernardo gomez

Ok… Thanks for your reply… but I already try that.

I reinstalled textpattern and type a new login: con2010, and a new password with only letters… still Im not able to log.

There are 2 things that I dont understand:

After I pressed the login button, I see a new screen that tell me: “Could not login with that name/password.”

When I try to reset my password I dont receive the email in my account? It seems that the info I type on the install step wasnt store.

I really dont have a clue. Any more Ideas?

Thanks again

#4 2010-08-05 17:27:13

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi,
are you trying to install textpattern in a local environment using xampp or similar?
In this case you have to configure your SMTP server settings in order to actually send emails (search google for an howto).
However you can reset your password opening phpMyAdmin and writing (from the faqs)

update txp_users set pass=password(lower('pass')) where name='user';

..where pass is the new password, and user is the login username.

#5 2010-08-05 17:39:29

bernardo gomez

Hi redbot,

Im trying to install it on a web server, and usually dont have problems with the sites I host on it.
Im gonna try to reset the password… hope it works!

Thanks

Board footer