Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2009-10-08 23:53:42

whaleen
Website

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

oops

Last edited by whaleen (2009-11-12 09:17:48)

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#74 2009-10-28 21:13:41

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Stef, I just installed this plugin in hopes of using tags in place of related articles but it seems the client side tag smd_related_tags isn’t using the table prefix giving me a Table 'my_db.smd_tags_used' doesn't exist. I see the admin side works and new tags are showing correctly in my_db.myprefix_smd_tags_used

I didn’t read through this thread to see if this was already reported.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#75 2010-03-18 12:28:34

jpdupont

Stef,

If you want to experiment with client-side image tagging you will need a core patch.

With the new improvements of images in TXP, is this plugin working for client-side image tagging ?

#76 2010-03-18 13:32:59

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jpdupont wrote:

With the new improvements of images in TXP, is this plugin working for client-side image tagging ?

Yes. If you’re running the latest SVN, image tagging with this plugin will (hehe, should) work out of the box. I still have to revisit this plugin and give it some love though. All in good time…

MattD

Yeah, sorry for taking eons to reply. Got buried. It’s a bug.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-03-18 13:34:34)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#77 2010-03-18 14:36:53

jpdupont

Good news ! Thanks Stef !

#78 2010-03-22 18:07:03

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

For some reasons the tag added to images aren’t saved. I type in the textarea, save, but when i come back to the image, the textarea is empty. What could I check? I also tried creating the tag before.

Last edited by Zanza (2010-03-22 18:07:27)

#79 2010-03-22 18:37:58

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Zanza wrote:

I type in the textarea, save, but when i come back to the image, the textarea is empty.

Is the image tab the only place in Textpattern where this is happening? I got this issue when I set a future expiry date for html documents in the .htaccess file for a site in which I was experimenting with ways to optimize page speed.

#80 2010-03-22 22:37:10

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

John, thanks for your reply. I haven’t activated articles, files or link, so I can’t answer at the moment. But after further analysis it came out that only textarea got the problem. Tags are working both with select and text. Textareas, with or without ‘plus’, simply don’t save and don’t show the tags. Even if they are assigned. Maybe someone could try to replicate this behavior.

Thanks!

#81 2010-03-23 11:45:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Zanza wrote:

For some reasons the tag added to images aren’t saved.

D’oh! A few things happened here:

1. jQuery deprecated the ‘@’ syntax and I forgot to update the plugin
  2. An assumption on my part meant textareas didn’t get the current tags displayed
  3. I’m stupid

I fixed all of the above… well, ok, just the first two.

In addition:

• Consolidated smd_tags_admin and smd_tags_client into one huuuuuuuge smd_tags plugin (now we have a larger code column in 4.2.0), hence the plugin now requires TXP 4.2.0 or higher. If you want full image tagging support you’ll need the latest SVN. Upgrading: just delete the existing two plugins and install/activate this one: all your tags and settings will remain, but please backup first :-)
  • Added plugin lifecycle and prefs events so the tables are installed automatically, and the prefs are removed if you delete the plugin (the tables will remain, however — you’ll have to delete those manually for safety reasons)
  • Fixed the table prefix thing in smd_related_tags (thanks MattD and whoever flagged it to me originally via e-mail)
  • Fixed a stupid HTML entity error in TagList mode

There are a few more things to go yet when I get some time to work on it, this is just a quick bugfix version. Grab it from the beta download page.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-03-23 11:45:47)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#82 2010-03-23 15:14:53

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you, Bloke, for your fast feedback. I’ll try the new beta asap. Just another question, before.

What I’m trying to accomplish, is to display related images using tags, without using articles. At the moment, with the old plugin, I’m not able to achieve this. Is this doable with the plugin?

I’d like to put in the page template a tag for displaying image (it could be image tag, or, possibly, a image_display tag, maybe my own plugin bos_image_display tag). And then, using your smd_related_tag to display thumbnails for related images based on tags.

Actually, I can’t get it. It seems that with image_display the tags aren’t considered at all, I can’t even list them. Is there any way to do that? Is it understable?

Thank you again!

#83 2010-03-23 15:48:14

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Zanza wrote:

What I’m trying to accomplish, is to display related images using tags, without using articles…. Is this doable with the plugin?

Ooooohhh yes! The problem you have found is that <txp:image_display /> and <txp:image_index /> aren’t fully aware of image context. But the new <txp:image_list> tag is; it’s a bit like <txp:article_custom /> for images.

So grab yourself the latest SVN copy of Textpattern and try this:

<!-- can use a list of IDs, or the category attribute of course-->
<txp:image_list id="5">
   <!-- Display the full size image -->
   <txp:image />
   <txp:smd_related_tags wraptag="ul" break="li" label="Related:">
      <!-- Display the thumbnail of all images that match the current image's tags -->
      <txp:thumbnail />
   </txp:smd_related_tags>
</txp:image_list>

We’re only using one image here (id=“5”). If your image_list contains more than one image you’ll get a <ul> of related images under each main picture. How’s that?

#84 2010-03-24 01:08:49

masa

Bloke wrote:

3. I’m stupid

= understatement of the century.

Thanks Stef for this plugin, which I hadn’t looked at closely yet; I now realise its potential reading Zanza’s post and your reply.

Last edited by masa (2010-03-24 01:10:51)

Board footer