Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#421 2010-02-16 14:00:52

inkywillow

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look into it.

The Design Works – Freelance website designer

#422 2010-02-17 09:42:12

pogonik
Website

Hi,

I’m getting these errors on site:

Tag error:  <txp:yab_shop_cart /> ->  Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_6b9e936e5868b4afdd73e4bb84bf8b29, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)  on line 1940

an debbuger shows

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:1940 session_start()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:21 yab_shop_start_session()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 yab_shop_cart()
textpattern/publish.php:1028 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1621 parse()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:266 parse_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 output_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1028 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:506 parse()
index.php:45 textpattern()

did anyone knows what is it about? I have notice that when I put product to cart it gets empty on checkout…the product simply dissapear from cart.

I’ve get two more warnings in footer

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_6b9e936e5868b4afdd73e4bb84bf8b29, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

PHP version on server is 5.2.12

Last edited by pogonik (2010-02-17 09:46:24)

#423 2010-02-18 09:33:50

pogonik
Website

I have compare php.ini files on localhost and remote server and made these changes:

register_globals = Off
allow_url_include = Off
session.cookie_httponly =

Now I’m not getting errors and warnings, and product can be “proceeded to checkout”….sometimes :-). Sometimes product in cart can be seen and sometimes not.

No ideas? Anyone?

#424 2010-02-21 03:06:50

macTigers

Dear Trenc or any yab_shop professional!

I’ve been using your plugin for a while. It is great. So far I had no problem at all with it.

a) Two days ago I’ve made upgrades on Textpattern and on yab:shop (0.6 to 0.8). Then I run into a major problem. I can add any product in any quantity to the cart, I could even complete the order – BUT I can not alter the quantity nor delete any item from the cart anymore. Have you seen this type or problem before? (eg.www.cavalinho.de/shop-taschen-leder/102/910-22-blau )

b) Can I setup various promo codes? The shop owner could give out several promo codes to different partners. Through the order he could see by the promo code where the recommendation for the shop came from and reward the partner with money or a gift.

I would appreciate your help very much. Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by macTigers (2010-02-21 03:14:57)

#425 2010-02-21 09:58:57

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Gil,

Tag error:  <txp:yab_shop_cart /> ->  Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_6b9e936e5868b4afdd73e4bb84bf8b29, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)  on line 1940
Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_6b9e936e5868b4afdd73e4bb84bf8b29, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

seems to me that your hosting is misconfigured. As the errors says: Your directory where your session data will be saved does not exists or is not writable for the webserver.

#426 2010-02-21 10:04:06

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi macTigers,

a) Two days ago I’ve made upgrades on Textpattern and on yab:shop (0.6 to 0.8). Then I run into a major problem. I can add any product in any quantity to the cart, I could even complete the order – BUT I can not alter the quantity nor delete any item from the cart anymore.

Ah yes! With yab_shop v0.8 you have to place an additional <txp:yab_shop_cart display="none" /> in your checkout section too.

b) Can I setup various promo codes?

No sorry. This is not supported.

#427 2010-02-21 23:11:17

macTigers

Hi trenc!

Thanks for your quick answer. This is working. Except the attribute is: <txp:yab_shop_cart output=“none” /> (In case someone should have the same trouble).

Well I’ll have to try whether I could make a change to get a multiple promo code working …

Think we should meet sometime this year and have a “Kölsch” together (My brother lives in Köln). Thanks again!

#428 2010-02-22 09:23:41

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Thanks for your quick answer. This is working. Except the attribute is: <txp:yab_shop_cart output=“none” /> (In case someone should have the same trouble).

Oh, my fault! The attribute is output, of course!

Think we should meet sometime this year and have a “Kölsch” together (My brother lives in Köln)

Ah great, this would be nice.

#429 2010-02-26 13:49:43

inkywillow

Hi Trenc, Sorry me a again…

I have just tried to purchase an item from my shop using a promo code. All goes well until I get to Paypal’s website where I find this error.

“The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.”

Everything works OK if I don’t use the 10% promo code so I assume that’s what is causing the problem.

Any ideas? (I can send url if that helps, just let me know where to send.)

Thanks again for a great plugin.

Tom

#430 2010-03-01 05:26:20

hidalgo
Website

inkywillow wrote:

“The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.”

I can confirm this problem with PayPal also. It appears the price values aren’t rounded to 2 decimal places correctly with the promo code applied.

Updating line 1032 as follows fixed it for me:
$parameters['amount_'.$i] = number_format($item['price'],2);

Hope this helps.

#431 2010-03-01 17:33:52

inkywillow

Nice work hildalgo, thanks. Can you confirm that it’s OK to make this change to the source Trenc?

#432 2010-03-02 23:17:43

visualpeople
Website

I’ve successfully installed and used this great plugin a couple of times now, but this one has me stumped.

Here’s my code on the page:

<txp:article limit="99" sort="Posted desc" status="4" form="product-listing"/>

Here’s my product-listing form:

<h3><txp:title /></h3>
<p>Price: <txp:yab_shop_price /></p>
<txp:yab_shop_add />

But here’s the code that gets output:

<h3>Chocolate Mint Rice Hippie Treats(sample)</h3>
<p>Price: <span id="yab-shop-price-35" class="yab-shop-price">$1.95</span></p>
<form method="post" action="http://[full-url]/shop#yab-shop-form-35" id="yab-shop-form-35"><input type="hidden" value="35" name="yab-shop-id" /><p class="yab-add"><input type="text" value="1" name="qty" size="1" /><input type="submit" value="Add to Cart" name="add" class="submit" /></p></form>

I can’t figure out why the value=“35” (the id number of that particular article — so article id#12 shows up with value=“12”) is showing up within the input type=“hidden” tag. This is causing an addition of 35 items each time you click “Add to Cart”. I’ve double-checked all my settings, reinstalled all three plugins, scoured this forum and simplified my code, but to no avail so far. I’m running the latest Textpattern 4.2.0

I just know it’s something stupid I’m missing, but I can’t quite figure out what.

Edit: I still don’t know exactly what the problem was, but it appears to have been related to an old install of the joe_gcart plugin, just FYI if you have that around, by any chance, remove all traces before installing yab_shop.

Last edited by visualpeople (2010-03-04 22:49:05)

Board footer