Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2007-09-25 13:54:49

edgar123

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

Hi All

I get some problem with TXP 4.0.5 and rss_live_archive 0.7 and I am writing for help.

Previously I was using old TXP version with rss_live_archive 0.5 and everything works perfectly.

Recently, I upgrade TXP to 4.0.5. All plugins are fine except rss_live_archive 0.5. Following errors were shown
—————————————————————————
tag_error <txp:rss_live_archive_js/> -> Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array on line 604

tag_error <txp:rss_live_archive_js/> -> Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array on line 604

tag_error <txp:rss_live_archive_js/> -> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 604
———————————————————————————-

So I upgrade rss_live_archive to 0.7. Error message is gone. However, nothing is displayed in my archive page. I check the page source and only following html code are generated.

———————————————————————————-
<div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div>
————————————————————————————

I believe the access right of folder “tmp” and “file” are correct as new DAT files are successfully generated.

I wish someone could help asthe live archive is really useful…

P.S. Information that may be useful.

1) in my experience it seems that live archive 0.7 and rss_suparchive 0.18 are not compatible as when I put my code in this way.

Case one:
——————————————
<txp:rss_live_archive> </txp:rss_live_archive>
<txp:rss_suparchive section=“article” />
—————————————
The txp:rss_suparchive is not functional.

Case Two: If i put my code reversely
——————————————
<txp:rss_suparchive section=“article” />
<txp:rss_live_archive> </txp:rss_live_archive>
—————————————
txp:rss_suparchive is functional but i get another error message
————————————————————————-
tag_error <txp:rss_live_archive></txp:rss_live_archive>

</div><!—blog—> </div> </div><!—wapper—> <div id=“contentbottom”></div> <div class=“clearing”>&nbsp;</div>

<txp:output_form form=“Temp_footer” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: form on line 605
————————————————————————————————-

2. I get this error in my Admin->Diagnostic Page
“txp_counter: error: Incorrect information in file: ‘.\textpattern\txp_counter.frm’”

I discover that txp_counter is a VIEW in textpattern DB and I solve this error message by removing the view.

Wish information may be useful.

Regards
Edgar

#218 2007-09-28 19:33:09

mrdale
Website

OK. I finally got my version of this to work. (v7/4.05).

I was having the “something has gone seriously wrong” problem and the years were not showing up. After taking the steps below it all [finds wood, whacks it…] works.

Here’s what I did…

1. updated my install to 4.05 (was 4.03)
  2. disabled asy_jpcache (not sure if this had anything to do with it… (possibly the missing years bug is related to this?)
  3. deleted all the dat files in my working file directory.
  4. made sure that the section="mySection" was set correctly (the plugin previously worked without this attribute being specified buut it now defaults to the “article” section).
  5. set the extensions tab so that both fields are empty and that autocache is selected then hit save.

So I’m happy, but I would like to prevent future live events from showing up.

[edit] spoke too soon. years disappears. drat.

Last edited by mrdale (2007-09-28 22:48:56)

#219 2007-12-06 19:30:41

sphinx

yyyy-mm.dat
yyyy.dat
maxpostid.dat
years.dat
are all in my files folder, but nothing on webpage.

#220 2008-02-21 00:29:17

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

Hi installed and activated but no tab appears under preferences … any ideas?

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#221 2008-02-22 07:29:41

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

Having problems getting this running.
I’ve installed via Admin plugins and enabled.
Set my filepath and its writable.
I don’t see a new tab in the extensions setcion …?

Navigate to the extensions -> live archive tab to turn auto recaching on. Set the sections and categories you want to cache and save your settings.

So I’m stuck.

Mary said this wasn’t an Admin side plugin … Am, I installing this in the wrong way.

Sorry Newbie to Textpattern.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#222 2008-05-18 15:39:07

fangonk

Man, I am having an identical problem and I can’t seem to figure out what is going on. I have installed and re-installed but no extensions tab ever shows up. Is this plugin even supported anymore?

Last edited by fangonk (2008-05-18 15:40:04)

#223 2008-05-18 17:14:27

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

As far as I can tell this plugin is no longer supported. I did read in another post about plugins, that to work with 4.06 you had to add some extra code to get the tab to appear. Sorry but I can’t find the post again.

#224 2008-08-16 14:21:47

pixeljuicer

There’s a post outlining a way to get the plugin working here

To get the Live Archive plugin working again under 4.06, install it, then edit the plugin code by clicking the ‘Edit’ link next to the listing for rss_live_archive in the Plugins tab.

Search for the following line of code:

register_tab("extensions", "rssla", "live archive");

Right before that line, paste in this line of code:

add_privs('rssla', '1');

Save the edited plugin and activate it, and when you view Admin > Extensions you should see the plugin details and not an error message.

Hope that helps!

#225 2010-02-11 20:18:18

candyman

Anyone managed to get the rss_live_archive working with Txp 4.2.0?

I get this plugin working only once with 4.0.4 and. after that, never again.
I’ve checked all the things one hundred of times, I’ve read this topic from the first post to the latest, I’ve installed, cleared, reinstalled all many times with no results at all. I cannot find the missing piece.

Could someone post his working configuration, please?

p.s.: I’ve changed the default articles section with pensatoio: may I change also some plugin code or must I specify the choosen section (in the plugin preferences tab) only?

Last edited by candyman (2010-02-11 20:44:37)

#226 2012-02-21 15:57:09

joe_ma

Hello

I am trying to get live archive working with my local copy of txp 4.4.1.

I use the following code:

<txp:rss_live_archive section=“archives” showpostscount=“1” showcommentscount=“0” countprefix=”(” countsuffix=”)” showsubdate=“1”> </txp:rss_live_archive>

And there is also a call in the head for <txp:rss_live_archive_js />.

The list is displaying allright, but unfortuantely not all the links do work. Only the links for the years work properly, the ones for the months don’t seem to work: even though all the months having articles are being displaied, there is no possibility to change between them. There are only links to the youngest articles.

The source code does not validate either. Where there should be the list of the archive, ther is only a bunch of <div> with the same ID:

<div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div> <div id=“livearchives”><div id=“rssLiveArchive”><div id=“notlive”><noscript> </noscript></div></div><div style=“clear: both;”></div></div>

Thanks for help

Regards
Jörg

Last edited by joe_ma (2012-02-21 15:58:29)

#227 2012-02-21 22:56:36

uli

Hi Jörg,

this is an orphan plugin (not supported any longer by its developer) and the last response dates almost 4 years back, meaning: Don’t expect to get an answer. You can always open a new topic, though, in the How do I section of our forum and describe what you want the tags to do. It’s very likely that (almost?) all of it can be done by core tags, these days.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#228 2012-02-22 05:59:23

joe_ma

uli schrieb:

Hi Jörg,

this is an orphan plugin (not supported any longer by its developer) and the last response dates almost 4 years back, meaning: Don’t expect to get an answer. You can always open a new topic, though, in the How do I section of our forum and describe what you want the tags to do. It’s very likely that (almost?) all of it can be done by core tags, these days.

Ah, ok, thanks a lot for this information.

Cheers
Jörg

Last edited by joe_ma (2012-02-22 05:59:46)

Board footer