Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2010-01-27 01:52:58

speeke
Website

Re: bot_write_tab_customize: rearrange and style items in the write tab

redbot wrote:

I hope I have shed some light on the matter …

Many thanks for taking the time to explain this. I understand the logic, and your explanation was very clear. Much appreciated :)

“People who value their privileges above their principles soon lose both.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower

#62 2010-01-27 21:54:41

tye
Website

Great plugin redbot – I somehow missed this one and have just used it for the first time… blown away, just what I was after.

Thanks

#63 2010-01-28 10:51:36

whaleen
Website

This is really cool redbot. I don’t know if this is already possible: The option to register an expand/collapse label that would toggle a grouping. The grouping would also have to be registered. Like: Toggle1 (custom_1, custom_23, article_image, etc).

Eh?

Gerhard looks as though he’ll implement this sort of functionality in glz_custom_fields and because I am using that and your plugin extensively right now it occurred that the two should continue to jive together and do great things together.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#64 2010-01-28 12:16:47

redbot
Plugin Author

whaleen wrote:

… The option to register an expand/collapse label that would toggle a grouping….

Hi Josh,
this feature is not provided by default but you can achieve what you want adding some lines of jquery in the “additional js code” field.
I can’t help you now but a similar – though simpler – request has already been answered here.
The principle should be the same: first add the same class to items you want to expand/collapse together (for example .toggle1 for cf1 +cf2 and .toggle 2 for cf3+cf4) and then – through jquery – add somewhere in your “write” tab one or more texts or links or buttons which trigger the expand/collapse behaviour.

Last edited by redbot (2010-01-28 12:17:01)

#65 2010-01-29 01:20:53

mlarino

redbot wrote:

For the collapsible excerpt write this rules in the js box, after you have attached a “collapse” class to the excerpt:

<script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $(".collapse label").click(function(){ $(this).parent().find("textarea").slideToggle(); }); }); </script>

I am having problems inserting JS in the plugin, I am getting this warning:

Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $(".collapse").click' at line 1 update txp_prefs set val= "", html="textarea" where name = "bot_wtc_script" in /home/sites/mlarino.com/public_html/asesoria/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 113

Last edited by mlarino (2010-01-29 01:35:35)

#66 2010-01-29 14:37:03

redbot
Plugin Author

mlarino wrote:

I am having problems inserting JS in the plugin, I am getting this warning:

Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $(".collapse").click' at line 1 update txp_prefs set val= "", html="textarea" where name = "bot_wtc_script" in /home/sites/mlarino.com/public_html/asesoria/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 113

mlarino,
this is strange I never had such an issue and it was never reported before.
Just to be sure: you have pasted the code in the js box and got this error after pressing “submit”?
Of course I have tried it myself but all works correctly… it looks like an escaping problem
A couple of questions:
1) are you using the latest version of the plugin?
2) which version of txp are you using?

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

#67 2010-01-29 15:06:32

mlarino

redbot wrote:

A couple of questions:
1) are you using the latest version of the plugin?
2) which version of txp are you using?
Has anybody else experienced this problem?

It happens as you say, I paste the code in the JS box and get the message when I hit the “submit” button.

I have Textpattern 4.2.0 and
bot_write_tab_customize 0.5.2

The rest of the plugins I have installed are:
gbp_admin_library
glz_custom_fields
l10n
lam_image_uploader
rah_replace
smd_admin_themes
wet_haystack
zem_contact_lang-mlp

Last edited by mlarino (2010-01-29 15:07:06)

#68 2010-01-29 15:28:57

mlarino

Ok, testing and testing I found out that instead of using " if I use ' in all the sintax, the plugin lets me save the javascript.

instead of this:

<script type="text/javascript">  $(document).ready(function() { $("toggle").click(function(){ $(this).parent().find("textarea").slideToggle(); }); }); </script>

I have to use this:

<script type='text/javascript'>  $(document).ready(function() { $('toggle').click(function(){ $(this).parent().find('textarea').slideToggle(); }); }); </script>

Why do you think this hapends?

-Either way, the javascript is not doing anything to the custom field at all.

Last edited by mlarino (2010-01-29 15:29:46)

#69 2010-01-29 16:28:13

redbot
Plugin Author

mlarino,
so if you use this code (escaping double quotes with “\”):

<script type=\"text/javascript\">  $(document).ready(function() { $(\".collapse label\").click(function(){ $(this).parent().find(\"textarea\").slideToggle(); }); }); </script>

it should also give no errors.

Anyway I’ll try to understand why it works for me and not for you…

-Either way, the javascript is not doing anything to the custom field at all.

What you mean? This code was an answer to this request (expland/collapse the escerpt box) while you are talking about custom fields…

#70 2010-01-29 16:31:47

mlarino

mmm
yes, I guess you are right….
I just thought that adding the collampse calss to de cutom field, at least it would wrap that custom field… maybe I was wrong.
I will keep testing and trying and see if I can figure it out .
Thanks!

#71 2010-01-29 16:57:03

redbot
Plugin Author

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to accomplish? Maybe I can give some advice…
And keep in mind that now we are dealing with Jquery. It has little to do with the plugin which only inserts the js in the the “write” tab html.

edit

Anyway, if you want to expand/collapse a “normal” text input custom field you have to replace “textarea” with “input” in the code above.
If you want to expand/collapse a “select” custom field (via glz_custom) you have to replace “textarea” with “select”.

Last edited by redbot (2010-01-29 17:04:13)

#72 2010-01-29 17:02:21

mlarino

Well, dont know much about JS Jquery, mootools or anything, I just use them, but dont really understand the sintax….

All I want to do is be able to Toggle the Custom_Field “Extras”

The “Extras” custom_field is a list of checkboxes, too long, so i wanted to be able to hide it, or show depending on the need.

Board footer