Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-08-16 15:42:21

cmscritic
Website

Looking for an SEO comparison

I would be interested in knowing how people feel about TXP in comparison to WordPress for SEO purposes. I’m working on migrating the entire cmscritic.com site over to TXP since I personally find it more usable. My biggest pain points with the site on WP at the moment are the ridiculous number of updates of plugins and releases I have to contend with.. and I’ve had them break the site more than once.

#2 2009-08-16 16:23:53

kvnmcwebn
Website

Re: Looking for an SEO comparison

Well with your experience with wordpress you can look at some of the below and decide yourself. Please share your opinion.
rah_metas
asy_sitemap
rah_sitemap
http://thebombsite.com/textpattern-coding/
custom fields
clean urls
-best
kevin

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#3 2009-08-16 17:10:41

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Mike,

It depends on what you define to be SEO, since it’s changed somewhat over the years. I know that the Textpattern sites that I run get picked up rather quickly by the search engines and my articles are ranked high.

From my perspective, having a clean layout and picking the title for your articles carefully goes a long way towards a high ranking.

#4 2009-08-16 19:42:16

cmscritic
Website

Well, my site performs pretty well so far with WordPress but i detest the bloated feel. I prefer textpatterns lean and mean interface personally. From an SEO perspective, it seems pretty solid.. Just wondering about personal experiences.

#5 2009-08-17 12:58:29

thischarmingmanc

Much more probably the age of your site and the number of backlinks that make the difference

hcgtv wrote:

Mike,

It depends on what you define to be SEO, since it’s changed somewhat over the years. I know that the Textpattern sites that I run get picked up rather quickly by the search engines and my articles are ranked high.

From my perspective, having a clean layout and picking the title for your articles carefully goes a long way towards a high ranking.

#6 2009-08-31 02:09:21

lozmatic
Website

I’ve never used WP so I can’t comment on how good or bad it is. One thing I don’t know is whether one has the same control over code as with Txp.

For example, in Textpattern you can create a list of products that is just a series of 10 thumbnails on multiple pages. This may be a great way to navgate the products but not SEO-friendly, of course. So what you can easily do is create an alternative page to list ALL products using titles and descriptions.

In my experience off-page SEO is what counts the most. Good online PR is key.

But I also think that, apart from content, Google values good information architecture, code and even accessbility. I think that’s easier achieve in Txp than WP.

Board footer