Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#151 2009-03-29 10:08:46

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ob1_pagination

rathersplendid:

1. do you use pagination with txp:article tag, not txp:article_custom?
  2. try to use plugin without attributes, i.e. <txp:ob1_pagination />
  3. try to disable all plugins and then enable them one by one to see if one of them influences ob1_pagination

Last edited by the_ghost (2009-03-29 10:09:05)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#152 2009-03-30 07:34:22

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

At the moment, I am using chh_article_custom to display my articles. I may switch to the txp default article tag and see how I manage.

Thanks

Admin Themes Prometheus | Stung | txp:coder/
My Portfolio | ɹǝpuɐz.com | @MrMartineau
txp:coder /> – Convert your designs into Textpattern-based websites
jQuery Style | @jquerystyle

#153 2009-03-30 09:27:39

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

I have made the switch and it’s working now.

Annoying that I can’t use the chh_article_custom plugin..

Admin Themes Prometheus | Stung | txp:coder/
My Portfolio | ɹǝpuɐz.com | @MrMartineau
txp:coder /> – Convert your designs into Textpattern-based websites
jQuery Style | @jquerystyle

#154 2009-06-04 15:00:41

driz
Website

Would it be possible to have an option whereby you can show say pages 1-5 and then say you had 50 pages, page 50 and then … in between.

Check http://www.vimeo.com/ and look at the bottom pagination to see what i mean.

~ Cameron

#155 2009-06-04 15:23:29

Bloke
Developer
Website

driz wrote:

Would it be possible to have an option whereby you can show say pages 1-5 and then say you had 50 pages, page 50 and then … in between.

I don’t think this plugin can do that (willing to be proved wrong). But I’ve implemented something similar in the paging segment of smd_gallery — in fact, it was originally based on ob1_pagination. You can specify how many pages either side of the current page to show. Adding ‘First’ and ‘Last’ links to bookend the nav area means you’re most of the way there. e.g. First << 5 6 7 8 9 >> Last if you were on page 7 and wanted 2 either side.

If you’re handy with PHP you could have a go at hacking what I’ve done into ob1_pagination.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-06-04 15:25:34)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#156 2009-06-04 21:34:25

Els
Admin
Website

driz wrote:

driz, rsx_page_number can do that.

<txp:Els /> ;)
Tag Reference | Unexpected behaviour? Check the tag trace | Still no clue? Check the names of your custom fields

#157 2009-06-04 21:54:51

driz
Website

Els wrote:

driz wrote:

driz, rsx_page_number can do that.

I prefer ob1 over that plugin. Would be nice to see this added to ob1 though, mebbe through a new attribute?

~ Cameron

#158 2009-07-07 09:48:41

mark.adams82

Hi – is it possible to use the pagination in more than one section of a site?
I assume it must be and something trivial is going wrong with mine! I have a blog section with perfectly working pagination and an exact duplicate of this set up in a news section where no pagination is appearing at all. Im a little confused as to why two things that are the same would work in one place and not the other, but like I said, Im sure its a minor detail that’s been overlooked.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Code:

<txp:if_section name=“news”>
<div id=“content”>
<txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:article Article_Type=“sub” limit=“1” form=“article_news” />
<br/>
<br/>
<a href=”<txp:site_url />news” title=“Return To News Index”>Return to News Index Page</a>
<txp:else />
<h1>Latest News &amp; Events from </h1>
<txp:article listform=“article_newslist” limit=“4” Article_Type=“sub” />
<br class=“clear” />
<txp:output_form form=“panel_pagination” />
</txp:if_individual_article>
</div>
</txp:if_section>

panel_pagination:

<txp:ob1_pagination outputnextprevious=“0” moretabsdisplay=“1” maximumtabs=“8” firsttext=“First” previoustext=”&laquo;&nbsp;Previous” nexttext=“Next&nbsp;&raquo;” lasttext=“Last” outputlastfirst=“0” ulclass=“pagination” liclass=“pagination” ulid=“pagination” liselected=“active” liempty=“inactive”/>

The Blog section is the same apart from using section=“blog”, article_blog and article_bloglist

#159 2009-09-10 04:21:26

mericson
Website

ob1_pagination not working within categories

ob1_pagination is working great when just a section is specified, but if there is a current category within the specification although ob1_pagination is called (viewing debug trace) it doesn’t output anything!

This works:
http://mysite.com/sectionname/

However, the following doesn’t emit any pagination markup
http://mysite.com/sectionname/?c=category

The later page is output just fine with articles within the category. ob1_pagination simply doesn’t output any pagination markup!

I have the same problem even if all other plugins are disabled.

Textpattern: 4.0.8
ob1_pagination: 2.5

#160 2009-10-01 22:19:27

leonardochen

Hello – In some areas of my site I need to filter the articles by date on the URL, for example http://mysite.com/section/?month=2009-09

In that case, ob1_pagination shows the correct amount of pages, but unfortunately the links do not carry over the filter information, so if I click on page 3, I am taken to page 3 of the entire section, and not the page 3 of the articles from Sept 09.

Is there a good way to do this with this plugin?

Thanks!

Board footer