Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1213 2009-03-07 11:38:43

els

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

salarrue wrote:

I need to translate Home,Vision,About,Programs,Donation,Contact

Can’t you just use the sections’ titles?

<txp:cbs_navigation_menu sections="default,vision,about,programs,donation,contact" class="nav" titles='##home##,<txp:section name="vision" title="1" />,<txp:section name="about" title="1" />,<txp:section name="programs" title="1" />,<txp:section name="donation" title="1" />,<txp:section name="contact" title="1" />' activenolink="true" activeclass="active" break="li" wraptag="ul" />

If you don’t want to use the titles, you can enter the snippets just like I did with ##home##.

#1214 2009-03-07 11:47:37

els

txpnisti wrote:

We are trying to get article images and data saved in few custom fields identical in renditions in easy way: if changing one of those fields in default article, translated renditions would follow.

Have you found a way to do this? The only way I can think of right now is store the article image and custom field content in forms, and use output_form in those fields. That way there would be only one place to change the data.

Edit: but that would only work if your number of articles is limited, I don’t think anyone would want to keep track of hundreds of forms…

Last edited by els (2009-03-07 11:51:05)

#1215 2009-03-11 20:03:17

els

For those interested in MLP’s further development, follow me :)

#1216 2009-03-16 01:19:02

dl33
Website

I asked this before, but the problem has changed ever so slightly: I have a website which is is translated into three languages. One section—the weblog— will only be available in English, as I’ll translate myself crazy otherwise.

The problem is that with the MLP I would need to clone the articles and not translate them. However, this will then not show a unified comment thread for what is essentially the same article.

Alternatively, I can switch the MLP rewrite for that particular section, however, that only changes the URL rewrite but effectively still operates the site in the chosen language: No articles would be shown in the weblog, which is far from ideal as well.

Is there a way of pulling up a comment thread from another article and post to that one instead or can I somehow tell the mlp to always show the english language articles in one particular section?

#1217 2009-03-18 14:54:45

dl33
Website

@maniqui: From the other thread

if lang = en
    ...some comment form tags...
else
    <txp:article_custom id='<txp:custom_field name="original_article_id" />'>
    ...some comment form tags...
    </txp:article_custom>

Tried your code above: The result is that nothing within the article_custom tags is listed, as if the id from the custom field didn’t exist.

I think that the problem seems to be that the MLP also tries to translate article_custom fields. I couldn’t find any info on this on the mlp site/thread…

#1218 2009-03-18 19:02:20

maniqui
Website

@dl33,

before trying with the custom field, have you tried by just hardcoding the id directly in txp:article_custom?
If that works, at least we’re going the right way.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#1219 2009-03-18 19:08:55

dl33
Website

Yes, tried hardcoding it. Textpattern spits out nothing. Also had a look at the debug code… it just seems to ignore the bit between the article_custom tags.

#1220 2009-03-18 19:12:12

maniqui
Website

Where could I see the debug code?
Also, are you using 4.0.7+? (just to know if you can use article_custom as container tags).

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#1221 2009-03-18 19:36:16

dl33
Website

I am using 4.07.

At the moment I have this inside a l10n:if_lang:

<txp:article_custom id='<txp:custom_field name="weblog_en_id" />'>
	<txp:if_comments>
		<h3 id="comments"><span>Kommentare</span></h3>
		<txp:comments class="comments" wraptag="ol"/>
	</txp:if_comments>
	<txp:comments_form form="comment_form" msgstyle="textarea" class="comment_form" />

which produces this: (but nothing visible)

<txp:article_custom id='<txp:custom_field name="weblog_en_id" />'>
	[attribute 'id']
	<txp:custom_field name="weblog_en_id" />
	[/attribute]
	[SQL (0.00042200088501): select *, unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted, unix_timestamp(Expires) as uExpires, unix_timestamp(LastMod) as uLastMod from squawk_l10n_txp_de_de as l10n_txp_de_de where 1=1 and Status >= 4 and Posted <= now() and (now() <= Expires or Expires = 0) and ID IN (127) order by Posted desc limit 0, 10]

#1222 2009-03-23 13:33:03

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Have some problems with moving to another hosting – site doesn’t load at all. Even admin-side doesn’t work…

1. If i try to run in phpmyadmin sql’s, which are marked “as bad”, in phpmyadmin i get normal output…

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#1223 2009-03-23 17:10:22

els

I hope someone with more MySQL knowledge than I will be able to help you… it just looks scary to me ;) But a couple of remarks:

• did you just move your files to the new server, or did you do a fresh (Txp/MLP) install? Either way, have you tried if using the other method made a difference?
  • MySQL 5.1.16- beta, is that wise?

#1224 2009-03-23 17:42:46

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Els wrote:

did you just move your files to the new server, or did you do a fresh (Txp/MLP) install? Either way, have you tried if using the other method made a difference?

Tables where imported from working development server. Tables in mysql are 100% dublicates of tables in development server (of course, site’s paths and url where edited)…

MySQL 5.1.16- beta, is that wise?

This is Life :) we get what we are given :) I can only switch back to php4 and get same errors..

p.s. BTW – is MLP 0.9.9 there php4 capable?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer