Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2009-02-02 17:46:18

els

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

So maybe we should ask trenc what it takes to persuade hem to adapt the plugin? My budget for this project is not very substantial, but maybe the three (more?) of us together could make a nice donation?

#230 2009-02-02 18:47:24

kostas45

I think we need donate to both MLP and yab_shop.
I am ready to donate, however I do not want to push the authors.
It would be nice to know what they feel.

-Kostas

#231 2009-02-03 09:02:28

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Oh, I never thougt MLP-compatibility is so popular.
So I will have a look at it. If you are really willing to donate for MLP-compatibility so donate after the plugin is compatible and you find is useful, please. Otherwise I’m put on the spot and I’m forced to do something that I perhaps never can realize.

#232 2009-02-03 13:35:58

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

trenc, both mpl and yab_shop are the kind of plugins that take txp to a whole new level! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#233 2009-02-03 14:46:09

els

trenc wrote:

so donate after the plugin is compatible and you find is useful, please.

I certainly will! It’s wonderful that you are willing to have a look at it, trenc, thanks :) And I completely agree with Kemie:

both mpl and yab_shop are the kind of plugins that take txp to a whole new level! :)

#234 2009-02-09 17:00:26

towndock
Website

I must be missing something simple. I just can’t get the plugin set up right, I believe because I’m not understanding some likely obvious setup parameters.

Can trenc (the plugin author) publish the pages / forms / css plus config used for the example shop set up on http://demoshop.yablo.de ?

If I could see that setup working on my site it would be easier to understand the setup parameters and I could apply them to my site.

Thank you for any help you can provide. This appears to be a really well thought out plugin and very important to the Textpattern community.

#235 2009-02-16 02:42:12

kevinpotts

OK, really dumb question that I have not seen asked or addressed in this thread … why is there no field for “State” in the checkout form?

Also, any update on the admin side? What size donation would make this happen faster? Happy to contribute again if you need a ransom sum. :)

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#236 2009-02-16 21:38:42

midmood
Website

trenc wrote:

Oh, I never thougt MLP-compatibility is so popular.
So I will have a look at it. If you are really willing to donate for MLP-compatibility so donate after the plugin is compatible and you find is useful, please. Otherwise I’m put on the spot and I’m forced to do something that I perhaps never can realize.

This is so honest, trenc! I’m astonished by your work.
I’m playing with your plugin and planning a detailed tutorial (Install, Admin, and front end).
It will be in Italian, but once finished it’s yours :-)

#237 2009-02-17 00:50:33

midmood
Website

SOLVED ******

It was a path problem
- you have to go to Admin > diagnostic in the textpattern backend,
- then copy the path stated under “$path_to_site:” and paste it in the plugin configguration file, modified to reflect the exact path to your certificates
Attention: the default certificate in the plugin configuration is stated as “paypal_cert.pem” but the certificate i actually downloaded from Paypal was “paypal_cert_pem.txt”…. I modified its name in “paypal_cert.pem” then uploaded it to the correct directory.

that’s all. Hope this help :-)

/SOLVED ******
Hi,

I have the certificate error.
“Paypal public certificate is not readable! Please check permissions, names and paths! “
reading the thread i aknoledge that the problem could be the safe mod setting of my provider.
I took a look to my phpinfo and found those lines: (i copy every safe* instance cause I don’t know which one to consider)

TITLE                                          LOCAL VALUE                    MASTER VALUE
safe_mode	                               Off	                              Off
safe_mode_exec_dir	                       no value	                      no value
safe_mode_gid	                               Off	                              Off
safe_mode_include_dir                        no value	                      no value
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars                    PHP_	                              PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars                  LD_LIBRARY_PATH	      LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Is this my problem?…. What should I ask to the customer service?

EDIT:
Can you figure out the possible consequences in the use of txp after switching the safe_mode to on?

Thank you
Simone
Italy

Last edited by midmood (2009-02-18 00:38:10)

#238 2009-02-17 21:12:32

georgeM
Website

Hi trenc,

Again, great plugin as this really does bring TXP to a whole new level as kemie said :)

I just have one question really, and I know I’ve asked this before. I have a client who wishes to charge a specific amount of shipping depending on the category of product (or product itself). What I am wondering is if there is a way to associate a custom_field with a shipping price, and have that factored into the total cost upon checking out (as shipping). Is this possible with the current version of yab_shop? Otherwise I suppose I’d be making a request, but I would think that it would be a handy one for all users to take advantage of.

Also, is there any way to customize the fields in the checkout form? I’d like to add a “Province/State” textbox + “Country” as well.

Anyways, I appreciate your work and I will surely give you a donation once I get this project finished!

Thanks again,

G

Last edited by georgeM (2009-02-19 21:11:20)

#239 2009-02-20 14:08:50

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi there,

today I had a little bit time to look in yab_shop and MLP. And there are good and bad news too.

First the bad:
MLP compatibilty is not only a matter of creating links. It’s a matter of renditions id too. So I ought to change the sql-queries. But because MLP works only with txp 4.0.7 with some exceptions and not with 4.0.8 and meanwhile the plugin becomes an orphan, ‘cause steve is leaving to Borneo (sniff :( ) I can’t put efforts for MLP compatiblity. I will work on admin interface instead, which was originally planed. Sorry! :/

The good one:
While I was testing for MLP-compatibility I’ve found some bugs, so I released a new yab_shop version.

kevinpotts wrote

OK, really dumb question that I have not seen asked or addressed in this thread … why is there no field for “State” in the checkout form?

Try new version, see below!

Also, any update on the admin side? What size donation would make this happen faster? Happy to contribute again if you need a ransom sum. :)

No update this time, sorry! It’s not so a matter of ransom/money it’s definitely a matter of time.

midmood wrote

I’m playing with your plugin and planning a detailed tutorial (Install, Admin, and front end).
It will be in Italian, but once finished it’s yours :-)

Sounds great, even my Italian skills are limited. Mille grazie, è molto gentile!

I have the certificate error.
[…]

I have updated the config help a little bit (certificates path). Btw. you can change the name of the files in the config, you don’t have to rename the files itself.

georgeM wrote

What I am wondering is if there is a way to associate a custom_field with a shipping price, and have that factored into the total cost upon checking out (as shipping).

It’s implemented in v0.6.0, give it a try!

Also, is there any way to customize the fields in the checkout form? I’d like to add a “Province/State” textbox + “Country” as well.

In v0.6.0 the state/province is now optional. Countries had some issues, I have to ckeck it before (Paypal, Google Checkout). But if you don’t use paypal/google you can name the state-field as State, Country as (dirty) workaround.

And here is the new version v0.6.0

Changes:

• bugfix: property prices now works with non-ascii chars in custom field name
  • bugfix: fixed a bug related with property prices and custom fields (if not used)
  • bugfix: removed invalid html (p>p)
  • new feature: added a redirect for a thanks site (for site tracking/conversion)
  • new feature: optional state form in checkout
  • new feature: special shipping cost for single products (see The Dot)

Last edited by trenc (2009-02-20 14:10:49)

#240 2009-02-20 18:00:18

georgeM
Website

trenc wrote:
It’s implemented in v0.6.0, give it a try!
In v0.6.0 the state/province is now optional. Countries had some issues, I have to ckeck it before (Paypal, Google Checkout). But if you don’t use paypal/google you can name the state-field as State, Country as (dirty) workaround.

You’re a god among man trenc!! Thank you SOOO much for adding those features in. I will test ASAP and report my findings!

Thanks again!

Board footer