Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#685 2009-01-11 13:02:54

Eligraphy

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] vdh_flickr

I had the nsid attribute defined globally directly in the plugin.
But I tried it again with nsid in the tag, and still got the same error…

#686 2009-01-11 16:14:14

jstubbs
Website

You may need to edit your php configuration file to: allow_url_fopen = On.

#687 2009-01-11 16:24:29

Eligraphy

I added this allow_url_fopen = On to my php.ini file which is located in the root folder (where index.php is located), is this not the correct thing to do?

Tried varients: allow_url_fopen On , allow_url_fopen = On On , allow_url_fopen = True…. etc.

no change.
looks like I need to be the admin to make changes like that?
so if my host doesn’t have allow_url_fopen, I can’t use the vdh_flickr?

#688 2009-01-11 16:32:21

jstubbs
Website

Do you mean the .htaccess file? php.ini is never in the root folder…

Yes, my understanding is that allow_url_open = On is required for vdh_flickr.

#689 2009-01-11 21:04:29

Eligraphy

thanks for your continuous responses, jstubbs.

as a non-admin user, i didn’t really have anywhere else to put php.ini

.htaccess i created as per Diagnostics recommendation. that seems fine.

looks like i won’t be able to use vdh_flickr
bummer…

#690 2009-01-12 18:49:21

_n

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I’m having a slight issue with this plugin. Currently if I try to pull photos from a user of flickr (such as myself) things seem to work alright, but I can’t seem to pull photos from a group using the id. Have any of you run into this issue before? And if so, what did you do about it.

Thanks!

_nadine

#691 2009-02-08 22:28:07

zeeforel
Website

Hi to you all,

I have just started to work with this plugin and found that I get a number of tag-errors when in debugging status when using this tag:

<txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails nsid=“51155389@N00” latest=“20” /> (purpose: creating a nice moblog)

Errors:

tag_error <txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails nsid=“51155389@N00” latest=“20” /> -> Notice: Undefined index: set on line 288
…………………………
tag_error <txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails_if_description> -> Notice: Undefined variable: result on line 468
…………………………
tag_error <txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails_if_multiple_pages> -> Notice: Undefined variable: result on line 640

However switching to “test” or “live” status still provides what I am looking for without errors on screen: a nice set of thumbnails. Any idea about the relevancy of the errors? The plugin seems to be looking for a (photo)“set” number but according to documentation this is optional and could be subtituted with latest=“20”.

I am on TxP: 4.0.7 by the way.

Another issue is that the plugin should provide access to private photo-sets in Flickr, but it is asking for the email / password. I have tried my yahoo address / pw combo which gives me access to flickr.com, but the plugin is not able to use it (no private photo’s in results). Is the Flickr API looking for something else (my original before yahoo integration account id whatever that may be)?

Many thanks in advance.

#692 2009-02-09 09:56:42

ralph

Hi zeeforel,

the code of vdh_flickr could be improved to avoid these errors, but they won’t do no harm to your page when running in live mode.

The private photo thing is currently not working, because flickr switched to OAuth-authentification years ago, which was never implemented in vdh_flickr.

#693 2009-02-09 13:56:34

zeeforel
Website

Thanks Ralph,

I guess I will start using the plugin then. May try to extract only the parts that I need for creating a moblog:
+ only thumbnails that
+ show full image when clicked on it.

…if I find the time…

#694 2009-03-10 23:30:10

photonomad
Website

Hello fellow vdh_flickrer’s! I have been working hard to use this plugin along with Slideshow2

I’ve almost got it, just one little hitch — you can read all about it and maybe even help me out!!

Hope to hear back from someone! : ) ….with php knowledge of how to use implode and or join

#695 2009-03-23 14:29:50

gdtroiano
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Has anyone had any success getting vdh_flickr to show a specific set for each article with article_list?

Individual article pages work fine, but on article list pages only the pictures associated with the 1st article appear for every article.

#696 2009-03-26 00:47:03

photonomad
Website

Does anyone want to take a crack at getting image captions from Flickr to show up when using the vdh_flickr plugin with lightbox? It appears as though it might be impossible to pull the image caption data from flickr to accompany the thumbnails (which is necessary if you are trying to use a lightbox). I know it involves accessing flickr’s API and getting params… xml… etc.

Ralph tried to implement this last year (post #645 in this forum topic) but he only added the thumbnail title and not the image caption to the lightbox. I thought I’d throw it out there again in case anyone is curious and might have more php and flickr knowledge than I do. It sure would be nice to be able to do this! … actually, it would be more than nice… it would be absolutely awesome!!

Board footer