Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-12-29 15:39:31

Qwest

Language update stops me from doing anything on 4.07

Hey there,

I’ve been running a site of mine on 4.04 / 05 for the last 2 years or so. I’ve now started tidying some bits up and decided to install 4.07 on my local copy of the site (localhost). Once logging in, it takes me straight to the language screen, and the English (Great Britain) language is highlighted. I clicked on Install and that done nothing, so i downloaded the new language file from the RPC link, and placed it in my textpattern/lang folder, and installed from there.

It’s still highlighted now, but it says Update. Clicking update does nothing. Everytime I click any other links like ‘Content’ or ‘Diagnostics’, it looks as if the page is loading but brings me back to the language screen!

What do I need to do at this stage to get past this language problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 2008-12-29 18:21:22

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Language update stops me from doing anything on 4.07

Is the time and date set correctly on your localhost?

In /textpattern/lib/constants.php set DEBUG to 1 (instead of 0). This will show all the SQL queries at the top of the page. I’m interested in seeing the SQL queries when you visit the admin side and the language list is shown (not when you update the language).

Also, using PHPmyadmin, visit your txp_prefs table and look up the values for ‘name’ and ‘dbupdatetime’ (both of those are in the ‘name’ column of that table).

Finally, try running this query (assuming your TXP database doesn’t use a prefix) in PHPmyadmin and post the results here:

select count(*), lang, lastmod from txp_lang  GROUP BY lang ORDER BY lastmod DESC;

Based on those results we can probably find what’s causing this.

#3 2008-12-29 19:15:52

Qwest

Sorry ruud, i can’t help you.

I wanted to get cracking on the website as I was having one of those ‘creative’ days and didn’t want to be held up, so I installed 4.0.8 over the top and then added a bunch of columns as required (load_order etc)…

It all appears to be working now :)

#4 2009-01-29 03:47:14

mrtunes
Website

i’m taking one for the team cause i’ve seen this a few times with this site i’m moving around a lot. the site is on 4.0.7 but it looks like i’ve bungled in a 4.0.8 along the way.

setting debug to 1:

—————————-

describe `textpattern`

select val from txp_prefs where name = ‘version’

select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1

select name, data from txp_lang where lang=‘en-gb’

select nonce from txp_users where name=‘username’ AND last_access > DATE_SUB(NOW, INTERVAL 30 DAY)

delete from txp_prefs where name = ‘dbupdatetime’

insert into txp_prefs set prefs_id=1, name=‘dbupdatetime’,val=‘1233200393’, type=‘2’

delete from txp_prefs where name = ‘version’

insert into txp_prefs set prefs_id=1, name=‘version’,val=‘4.0.8’, type=‘2’

select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1

select name, code, version from txp_plugin where status = 1 AND type IN (1,3) order by load_order

select privs from txp_users where name=‘username’

select val from txp_prefs where name=‘language’

select lang from txp_lang where 1 = 1 group by lang

select data from txp_lang where name = ‘en-gb’ AND lang = ‘en-gb’

select lang, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(MAX) as lastmod from txp_lang where 1 GROUP BY lang ORDER BY lastmod DESC

select privs from txp_users where name = ‘username’

———————————

i can see somewhere in the 4.0.8 so i must’ve confused it and i think a 4.0.8 update should fix this.

next up your sql query yielded:

1084 en-gb 2008-01-25 17:34:21

and your txp_prefs one, i couldn’t figure out how to get you that data. hopefully by the time you read this i will have resolved the frozen language pack screen issue :)

EDIT: and it’s resolved

Last edited by mrtunes (2009-01-29 03:54:20)

#5 2009-04-21 06:18:51

mrtunes
Website

i put a new site in a subdirectory of my site, and now i’m stuck on this menu again. i should just upgrade the site to 4.0.8 but i just wanted to point out that it happened again when tinkering with a subdirectory.

the new site i put in the subdirectory has the same mysql user as my main site btw

Board footer