Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-12-13 17:10:25

jmart

[textile] Textile causing invalid markup with dl, dd, dt tags with use of <br />

I posted this in another thread I started but of a different issue so I wanted to put up a new post dedicated to this issue.

It seems that Textile inserts break tags after every dl, dd, or dt tag. Is there a way to avoid this because there is too much space caused b/w these break tags especially in Firefox? A site won’t validate either if there are br tags after each one of these as well.

To help decrease the space caused by this, I’ve considered adding a negative top margin to help but it won’t render consistently amongst various browsers.

#2 2008-12-13 17:16:57

maniqui
Website

Re: [textile] Textile causing invalid markup with dl, dd, dt tags with use of <br />

Please, could you post the code that is generating the invalid/non-desired output?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2008-12-13 18:26:43

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: [textile] Textile causing invalid markup with dl, dd, dt tags with use of <br />

If you happen to beginning your line with

<dl>...

and so on in your article, insert begin your line with a space in front of it, e.g.

<dl>...

Textile will then not treat the line as a paragraph and not wrap it in <p>-tags.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer