Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-12-06 03:43:49

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

[contrib] TXP Tag library for Adobe Dreamweaver

edit: updated for textpattern 4.2.0 – download here
inclusion of the new <txp:yield> and <txp:link_id> tags, added id attribute to <txp:file_download_list>

I’m no fancy mac boy (no offense) and therefore can’t participate in a possible coda syntax highlighting project

Still, I got a little jealous; so I created a tag library for dreamweaver featuring every tag, attribute and if possible the values that go with that attribute that I could find on textbook’s tag reference . Especially in combination with firefox plugin it’s all text it seemed like a nice thing to have and entering them really only corrupted my sanity slightly. My eyes twitch when I hiccup and bark at strangers, but it’s a small price to pay.

In case nobody has created this before me, there might be a few other dreamweaver users who’d be interested in having the library and also could perhaps correct errors & inconsistent choices or add tags for txp_plugins they use. I’m not sure what would be the best way to share this and have people contribute. Since it consists of a bunch of XML files I could perhaps post it to google code?

Please let me know if you’re interested and/or have suggestions.

Last edited by JanDW (2009-09-01 19:49:59)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#2 2008-12-06 06:38:18

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [contrib] TXP Tag library for Adobe Dreamweaver

I’ve created a little video to show what it does.

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#3 2008-12-06 06:39:37

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

JanDW wrote:

Still, I got a little jealous; so I created a tag library for dreamweaver featuring every tag, attribute and if possible the values that go with that attribute that I could find on textbook’s tag reference . Especially in combination with firefox plugin it’s all text it seemed like a nice thing to have and entering them really only corrupted my sanity slightly. My eyes twitch when I hiccup and bark at strangers, but it’s a small price to pay.

Yeah, it can hurt a lot… but that is why you could have done that automatically by just parsing tags and atts from the code. Many of us plugin authors (or atleast jm, Gocom plus zem did) use it to cure our pains :)

JanDW wrote:

Since it consists of a bunch of XML files I could perhaps post it to google code?

Won’t hurt those who use dreamweaver (I don’t but anyway) :)

Edit. Didn’t iblastoff made syntax for some JS editor also in past? And didn’t TXP have couple other editor tag addition packages? Don’t really remember and those are really hard to find from this forum.

Last edited by Gocom (2008-12-06 06:44:06)

#4 2008-12-06 08:56:16

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Gocom wrote:

And didn’t TXP have couple other editor tag addition packages? Don’t really remember and those are really hard to find from this forum.

It was Marios and wosh who did something similar for Textmate

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2008-12-06 18:42:28

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Gocom wrote:

Yeah, it can hurt a lot… but that is why you could have done that automatically by just parsing tags and atts from the code. Many of us plugin authors (or atleast jm, Gocom plus zem did) use it to cure our pains :)

Uh..uh….oh yeah? You can only DREAM of the level of accomplishment i’m feeling! ;) – Drat –

Well, I submitted it to google code. Your txpdream has come true (cough – it had to be one word)

Available in ZIP, tarball, subversion .

Last edited by JanDW (2008-12-06 18:55:56)

#6 2008-12-06 22:59:56

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote:

It was Marios and wosh who did something similar for Textmate

Yep. But I’m also remembering that iblastoff (or someone else) created syntax for JS editor(s), mostlikely it was either codepress or editarea.

JanDW wrote:

You can only DREAM of the level of accomplishment i’m feeling!

Yep ;)

Last edited by Gocom (2008-12-06 23:02:56)

#7 2008-12-06 23:18:38

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Any success in adding this tag library to Dreamweaver 8?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#8 2008-12-07 17:14:14

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

the_ghost wrote:

Any success in adding this tag library to Dreamweaver 8?

I was hoping you’d tell me :-)

I’ve haven’t used dreamweaver before CS3 (version 9) but I’d imagine so.
Could you tell me if it succeeded and if there are any peculiarities/differences?

Last edited by JanDW (2008-12-07 17:14:42)

#9 2008-12-07 18:28:46

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Nice work! If you ever need to generate tags and attributes again, zem’s script is pretty handy and could be modified to output the XML for Dreamweaver.

Last edited by jm (2008-12-07 18:29:08)

#10 2008-12-08 08:17:13

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

This is awesome! I was always jealous of coda and textmate users for having txp help!

BTW, the_ghost, I was able to use this successfully in DW8, just following the instructions. Just make sure it is enabled for the kinds of files you want (txt, php), by going into edit—>tag libraries, scrolling down to the txp stuff, and selecting the appropriate file types.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#11 2008-12-08 08:58:21

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

kemie wrote:

BTW, the_ghost, I was able to use this successfully in DW8, just following the instructions. Just make sure it is enabled for the kinds of files you want (txt, php), by going into edit—>tag libraries, scrolling down to the txp stuff, and selecting the appropriate file types.

Can you share with your TagLibraries.vtm?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#12 2008-12-09 04:54:51

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for the kind replies, Jon-Michael & Kemie.
I think zem’s script will come in handy for error checking.

I’ve added the file enabling thing in the instructions on google code Thanks for pointing that out, Kemie

@the_ghost: This is my TagLibraries.vtm did you place it under Program Files or under Application data?

Board footer