Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-11-29 16:23:25

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Trouble with 4.0.7 during pre-flight check

Okay, I’ve updated my post. I’ll post the fix in the zem_event thread as well.

#14 2008-11-29 16:31:19

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

For the gbp_permanent_links plugin, I think these changes will fix the PHP Notice messages:

--- gbp_permanent_links-0.11.669.orig 2008-11-29 17:30:13.000000000 +0100
+++ gbp_permanent_links-0.11.669.new 2008-11-29 17:30:13.000000000 +0100
@@ -549,11 +549,11 @@

// Merge pretext_replacement with pretext
 				$pretext = array_merge($pretext, $pretext_replacement);

if (is_numeric(@$pretext['id'])) {
-					$a = safe_row('*, unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted', 'textpattern', 'ID='.intval($pretext['id']).' and Status >= 4');
+					$a = safe_row('*, unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted, unix_timestamp(Expires) as uExpires, unix_timestamp(LastMod) as uLastMod', 'textpattern', 'ID='.intval($pretext['id']).' and Status >= 4');
 					populateArticleData($a);
 				}

// Export required values to the global namespace
 				foreach (array('id', 's', 'c', 'pg', 'is_article_list', 'prev_id', 'prev_title', 'next_id', 'next_title') as $key) {

#15 2008-11-30 15:33:02

6sigma
Website

ruud wrote:

The modified files warning stems from an inconsistent use of line endings in some of the TXP files (Unix line endings should be used everywhere) combined with uploading those files as type ASCII instead of Binary in your FTP client.

Ruud:

I’m not quite sure what to do here. Does your response indicate that I need to alter some setting inside WinSCP (my FTP client) and/or what/where/how do I need to do to correctly use “Unix line endings.”

I did a rather “vanilla” upgrade of an existing site from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7 and everything went fine except for the pre-flight check file change warning. Thanks for your work.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#16 2008-11-30 15:52:31

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

If you upload the TXP files, set your FTP client to use BINARY encoding for the transfer instead of ASCII. This will ensure that the files get transferred without modification. See the WinSCP documentation for more information on how to change this.

#17 2008-11-30 16:20:17

6sigma
Website

ruud wrote:

If you upload the TXP files, set your FTP client to use BINARY encoding for the transfer instead of ASCII. This will ensure that the files get transferred without modification. See the WinSCP documentation for more information on how to change this.

Fixed perfectly. As always, you saved me hours of trial-and-error and head-scratching.

Many thanks.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#18 2008-12-06 23:42:20

Destry
Website

I get all those file mod errors too, and I updated using command-line svn from google source (path noted in TextBook)…
http://textpattern.googlecode.com/svn/releases/4.0.7/source

Here’s the total list:

Some Textpattern files have been modified:
/css.php,
/include/txp_admin.php,
/include/txp_article.php,
/include/txp_auth.php,
/include/txp_category.php,
/include/txp_css.php,
/include/txp_diag.php,
/include/txp_discuss.php,
/include/txp_file.php,
/include/txp_form.php,
/include/txp_image.php,
/include/txp_import.php,
/include/txp_link.php,
/include/txp_list.php,
/include/txp_log.php,
/include/txp_page.php,
/include/txp_plugin.php,
/include/txp_prefs.php,
/include/txp_preview.php,
/include/txp_section.php,
/include/txp_tag.php,
/index.php,
/lib/IXRClass.php,
/lib/admin_config.php,
/lib/class.thumb.php,
/lib/classTextile.php,
/lib/constants.php,
/lib/taglib.php,
/lib/txplib_db.php,
/lib/txplib_forms.php,
/lib/txplib_head.php,
/lib/txplib_html.php,
/lib/txplib_misc.php,
/lib/txplib_update.php,
/lib/txplib_wrapper.php,
/publish.php,
/publish/atom.php,
/publish/comment.php,
/publish/log.php,
/publish/rss.php,
/publish/search.php,
/publish/taghandlers.php,
/../rpc/index.php,
/../rpc/TXP_RPCServer.php,
/update/_to_4.0.5.php,
/update/_to_4.0.7.php,
/update/_update.php

I also get this one:

Some Textpattern files are out of date:
/../index.php ?

That’s probably my fault when putting the site under svn, but I don’t know what index.php file it’s referring too, exactly.

Last edited by Destry (2008-12-06 23:44:22)

#19 2008-12-07 03:06:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Destry, just upload files as binary, just that they don’t get wrong line endings. Plus remember to replace your sites ../textpattern/index.php file too (note: .. means dir above).

But, there is nothing to worry about, so you can leave those files and errors as they are.

Last edited by Gocom (2008-12-07 03:06:48)

#20 2008-12-07 11:45:16

Destry
Website

Gocom wrote:

Destry, just upload files as binary, just that they don’t get wrong line endings.

Well, it was more like a download from google.source via svn using Terminal. Is what you’re saying still relevant? If so, where do I set binary in my Terminal?

#21 2008-12-07 18:46:31

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

The ‘binary’ thing applies to using FTP for transferring the files. I may be called differently if you use SVN to fetch TXP. Basically, what it translates to is “don’t mess with the line endings”/

#22 2008-12-08 04:29:58

Destry
Website

ruud wrote:

The ‘binary’ thing applies to using FTP for transferring the files. … Basically, what it translates to is “don’t mess with the line endings”/

That’s what I had gathered from this thread. Funny thing is, I haven’t even opened those files before. I guess I’ll try manually changing the line endings of the files indicated as changed, because frankly, I don’t like seeing 47 red error messages in my diagnostics, whether they mean anything or not.

Thanks for the insights.

#23 2008-12-10 23:20:34

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Ruud, Robert

just a wild thought, and as I’m not familiar with FTP RFCs, this could be way off base; but could 4.0.8 add additional md5 checksums for FTP-munged transfers of the files?

If the ASCII mode transfers are just changing line endings this should produce a very limited set of possible md5 sums to check each file against. And if that’s all the changes that ASCII mode makes to transfered files, then you’ll be saving yourselves support posts on each release. :)

Many thanks for all the hard work regardless,

Steve

#24 2008-12-11 21:48:48

Destry
Website

Just to follow up with my situation. I scrapped the svn files. I’m sure I bungled that process somewhere and couldn’t recover. For one thing, my diagnostics were saying I had 4.0.7 r3033 installed but when I did a svn info in Terminal it said I had r3039 so clearly there was something wrong there. (Someone should check the google.source links in TxB and make sure they’re not going to a dev branch, because that’s where I got the link from.)

Anyway, I made sure Transmit3 is using binary and replaced everything with a zip package from .com and all the errors went away except one: Some Textpattern files are out of date: /../index.php. I’m assuming it means textpattern/index.php?

I’d like to go back under svn, but not if it’s going to be an error nightmare every time.

Repeating Steve — thanks to ruud and wet for all the hard work. Sorry for what seems like a lot of belly-aching, but there’s nothing nicer than doing an update and just seeing “All checks pass!”

Board footer