Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-02-20 17:55:18

zero
Website

[wiki] Better page, section and namespace names

IMHO, Textbook on MediaWiki needs some improvements and they might need doing before moving to DokuWiki. Changing pagenames on DokuWiki can be awkward, so it’s better to get the right pagenames from the start if possible. This will apply to sections and namespaces too.

I’ve so far identified these page names, but there may be more so please post them here if you see any.

Textpattern Resources Listing is a list of external sites so imo would be better as Textpattern Resources Sites or TXP Resources Sites

Site Administration might refer to many things so imo would be better as Textpattern Tabs or TXP Tabs

Article Contributions may confuse a new user so imo would be better simply as Articles

(Just my opinions so open to discussion)

Last edited by zero (2008-02-20 18:37:56)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2008-02-20 21:01:12

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [wiki] Better page, section and namespace names

Just before I forget it, I had this Idea hanging on my brain.

Besides a real gook thinking of IA, that you mention above:

One extra Section with the following motto:

Title: Common Problems and Solutions
Content: This Idea is, that you had a specific problem, you skimmed it down in the source code, applied a hack, or show the way somehow, how you solved it with some code example ( With Syntax hilighting ) .

For instance: How to supply one txp function return as an argument for another one, etc,…

Or: Help, I can’t login into my account…

And: How do I integrate MLP with TXP ?, etc…

( I know that this exists all on the Developer Blog, but shouldn’t it be all in one Place ? )

Possibly also:

Plugin Live Search Utility ( autocompletion of plugin name while you type) and stuff ( ties in with textpattern.org )

Last edited by marios (2008-02-20 21:04:34)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2008-02-20 23:03:23

jm
Plugin Author
Website

marios, I agree – the FAQ should be merged with the TextBook. http://docs.textpattern.com would rock.

#4 2008-02-21 03:24:53

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

The FAQ as it stands now cannot be edited by just any joe, which is a good thing: you know the information you’re getting is accurate, which can be very important for quite a few of the FAQ entries.

#5 2008-02-21 04:27:00

hakjoon
Website

Both MediaWiki and DokuWiki allow you to restrict certain namespaces to be edited only by members of certain groups. So it is something that could be done.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#6 2008-09-25 12:53:52

Destry
Website

As to the nature of the original topic, I would recommend following here with respect to renamed pages.

By the way, zero, I hope you still have the Tag pages work you and ruud were working on, as that seemed like productive work for TextBook.

Last edited by Destry (2008-11-02 14:57:21)

#7 2008-09-25 13:30:48

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Destry wrote:

…I hope you still have the Tag pages work you and ruud were working on…

Prehaps but not if the tags are incorrectly written ;)

A good example is the made up <txp:die /> tag, when it obviously should be <txp:txp_die /> and not <txp:die /> as it currently is ;)

Board footer