Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-09-18 15:52:01

Destry
Website

Don't read if you're easily distracted, or working on a txp project

Ah, good for you for staying focused. :)

This is definitely a general discussion topic.

If you like solving puzzles, like I do, especially in this ilk, you might like killing some time with the puzzles in the Triangle Mystery. This was a mysterious Doritos ad campaign (a rather clever one) launched early in the summer, treated as a competition that went through various stages:

1. Getting past the wall
  2. Guessing the new Doritos flavor
  3. Making your way through 3 chapters of puzzles (I think 5 puzzles each chapter), and, if you were one of the fastest people to solve all puzzles and mystery,
  4. Meet in person to go head-to-head in a physical/mental challenge (a la Survivor type competitions) to win a big prize (a bunch of gold and jewels, or it’s equivalent in cash).

Note the past tense, the competition is long over; however, the puzzles (and process of working through the levels) still seem to be online for people to try their hand at anyway, and they are indeed well-designed and engaging, which is one of the reasons I pushed on with it as much as I did (peetering-out somewhere in chapter 2).

It amazed me how fast people solved puzzles, certainly beyond my caliber. Some of the puzzles are easy (I managed to solve them) while others are quite hard (I had to look over shoulders). This thread provides all the hints and solutions (or most), though you have to wade through a lot of noise.

Enjoy, or not.

Board footer