Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-08-30 09:48:39

alexandra

Facelift Image Replacement - for designers

Just came across FLIR:

Facelift Image Replacement (or FLIR, pronounced fleer) is an image replacement script that dynamically generates image representations of text on your web page in fonts that otherwise might not be visible to your visitors. The generated image will be automatically inserted into your web page via Javascript and visible to all modern browsers.

facelift.mawhorter.net

If you are interested, make sure to read the facelift blog .. some updates are posted there

#2 2008-08-30 17:50:28

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Facelift Image Replacement - for designers

Thanks for sharing. Seems like a great idea, do you know if are there any drawbacks, say, regarding accessibility and indexing by search engines?

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#3 2008-08-31 07:58:11

alexandra

Hi Jan,
i was pointed to facelift recently though did not give it a try yet. Regarding search engines it should be no prob cause the headlines (as text) still appear in the sourcecode.

Visit their form for further infos.

facelift is similar to sIFR which i implementetd a couple of times 3 years back and it worked fine. Drawback of sIFR was rather code or accessibility but rendering of the images (headlines) took longer than the rest of texts which irritated customers/clients. Today connections are much faster (at least here in germany) so maybe the rendering process is faster too?

#4 2008-08-31 12:27:30

gomedia
Plugin Author

I can thoroughly recommend zem_ir. It works well and the images are cached, so they’re displayed pretty quickly.

Board footer