Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2008-06-27 15:56:21

Addison
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sed_section_fields

Steve, we’re all good — worked like a charm. Thanks, again.

-Addison

#242 2008-07-09 19:32:15

coopersita
Website

I have a question about “Treat as a static section?” What happens if you set it to “Yes” after you have some entries in it?

I would like to have some sticky entries for sections such as contact and about, but after those entries are done, I don’t really want the client to be able to make new entires for those sections. If I set “Treat as a static section? “ to Yes, would that cause problems when editing the existing stickies?

Thanks

#243 2008-07-09 22:04:54

redbot
Plugin Author

coopersita wrote:

… If I set “Treat as a static section? “ to Yes, would that cause problems when editing the existing stickies?

Absolutely not! you can edit these articles as if they were normal articles, you only can’t save a new article in a “static” section

Last edited by redbot (2008-07-09 22:12:04)

#244 2008-07-12 17:50:57

coopersita
Website

Thanks!

#245 2008-07-16 03:12:01

Addison
Website

Well, fooey — I’m having problems again, but with a different setup.

I’ll narrow it down to this. I have two sites hosted on TextDrive (now Joyent), both of which are running Textpattern 4.0.6 and I’ve installed both sed_plugin_library 0.4.154 and sed_section_fields 0.3.138. To put it simply, it works on one but not the other.

JQuery is present in both cases, but it does appear that it’s only the Javascript that’s not working. Within the site that does not work, the Sections tab displays everything as it should, however clicking “Hide all” or “Show all” has no effect. I am able to save my custom field options per section. Also, under the Write tab, the Advanced Options remain hidden, and the custom fields do not change regardless of the section selected.

I do have several other plugins installed on both sites, and I have not yet attempted to weed out any conflicts. Before I go to that extent, I wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem.

Thanks,
Addison

#246 2008-07-16 08:33:34

redbot
Plugin Author

Addison,
that’s a mistery I can’t explain: I have sed_secion_fields installed in all my sites and they always worked ok.
Yesterday, all of a sudden, I experienced the same phenomenon and it was driving me crazy since I don’t recall I’ve made any substantial change to one of my txp installation.
I spent the day enabling and disabling plugins, uninstalling and reinstalling them, clearing cache and such things with apparently no results.
The mysterious thing is that today everything is back to normality.
Though I’m happy I really can’t explain it…

Last edited by redbot (2008-07-16 23:44:38)

#247 2008-07-16 13:57:25

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Addison, redbot

Any help finding a way to reproduce this problem would be very useful. Please keep me posted and of course I’ll try to fix it once we have a clue what’s going on.

Steve

#248 2008-07-16 14:17:07

Addison
Website

Hi, Steve. Let me ask you this — is there any special order/sequence in which you must install the plugins? Must you install the sed_plugin_library and enable it before you install sed_section_fields? I’m going to try and install on a couple of other sites I’m working on and see what happens.

Thanks,
Addison

#249 2008-07-16 14:37:35

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Addison

The order of those two plugins doesn’t matter as sed_sf forces the load of sed_plugin_library. However, I cannot rule out load-order problems with other author’s plugins. However, I don’t anticipate that this would be a problem for this particular plugin; though I am willing to be educated otherwise if such is the case :)

Steve

#250 2008-07-16 15:26:34

redbot
Plugin Author

Steve,
The only thing that comes to my mind is that during this day of mysteriously strange behaviour all was (incredibly) working ok in ie.
I know it all seems absurd, and if I didn’t read Allisons’ post I had forgot it, since it’s all back to normality now.
I don’t know what to think …must have been some paranormal phenomenon…
Anyway, should I recall something that can explain it I’ll post it here

edit: Maybe it was not so obvious I was talking about firefox, as I said it worked well in ie

Last edited by redbot (2008-07-16 23:49:36)

#251 2008-07-16 23:59:07

Addison
Website

Ok, I figured out the problems on my end. There are two scenarios and they both have to do with the Site URL under Preferences…

Scenario 1. My other Textdrive site has the Site URL set to “addisonhall.com.” I had accessed Textpattern with “www.addisonhall.com/textpattern” and sed_section_fields failed to work, at least the javascript. But when I access Textpattern with “addisonhall.com/textpattern” everything worked perfectly — it matches the Site URL preference.

Scenario 2. I’m building several client sites on brinkster.com where they have five domains, but only a single hosting account. To get around this, I’m using .htaccess to redirect the domains to the proper directories on the server. Within each of those directories (for each site) there’s a Textpattern installation with Preferences > Site URL set to the domain. Textpattern Diagnostics throws up a flag stating that “Site URL preference might be incorrect” and it suggests the correct domain by determining the path to the Textpattern installation. If I change the Site URL to “www.domain.com/directory” (like Textpattern suggests) everything works properly. However, if I change the Site URL to the domain only — “www.domain.com” — it breaks just as in Scenario 1.

Sorry for the long (and possibly confusing) explanation. I wanted to make certain that I covered everything…

EDIT: I can still confirm scenario 1, however, this morning scenario 2 seems to behave differently. With Scenario 2, I can now login to Textpattern with either “www.domain.com/textpattern” or “domain.com/textpattern” and sed_section_fields works fine — I’m totally stumped.

Thanks,
Addison

Last edited by Addison (2008-07-17 14:16:24)

#252 2008-07-17 15:01:03

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Addison

thank you for taking the time to do some research on this. I’ll try to reproduce this here — and fix it!

Steve

Board footer