Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-07-06 10:54:22

zero
Website

[textile] classTextile.php

I’m updating some old links and articles at Textbook and now I’ve got round to Textile.

1. Textpattern/lib/classTextile.php File has a long list of functions in the core code and each page for those functions refers to http://dev.textpattern.com/browser/ to get the latest definitive information. But that page does not exist. Where should that link point to now?
  2. There’s an empty page for classTextile on the above page. So should the classTextile.php from the latest install go in here?
  3. The functions refer to line numbers. I suppose these mean in the above classTextile.php? If so they have changed and will they change again in 4.0.7?
  4. The pages made so far were done by Akokskis but he is no longer around, afaik. They are only half done. Is what is there useful to coders? Will anyone do the remaining functions? Or should I perhaps forget about all this?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2008-07-06 11:16:15

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [textile] classTextile.php

I don’t find that documention very useful, ‘cause coders can always look at the actual Textile Class and find the exactly same information. For non-devs? Well, that allows them to find what the function does, but they don’t need that information, or do they.

#3 2008-07-06 11:21:36

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [textile] classTextile.php

1. They should point to http://code.google.com/p/textpattern/source/browse/development/4.0/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php.
  2. A link should be good…but see #4.
  3. I didn’t check the date the wiki pages were last modified, but most likely, the line numbers have changed.
  4. It’d be more useful if the documentation was in classTextile.php (in phpdoc syntax – automatic documentation). I don’t think maintaining external documentation for Textile and non-tag functions is worthwhile.

Last edited by jm (2008-07-06 11:22:26)

Board footer