Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2004-06-27 19:18:52

gazetteer
Website

Re: rsx_page_number

Yes I know, just can’t help but mess about and it seemed a good idea at the time:-)

Thanks for looking at it.

Please be patient! It may take me a while to climb the learning curve.

#22 2004-07-07 00:46:50

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Hey, sorry this took so long. Anyways, I really don’t agree with what you wanna do with the navigation list, I think it should always display a page number. However, to get the effect you want, just:

Find:

<pre><code>
global $thispage;
</code></pre>

And add the following line of code:

<pre><code>
if ($numPages == 1) return ‘’;
</code></pre>

I believe that would do what you want. It will exit the plugin early if there is only one page to be displayed. Hope that helps.

Last edited by ramanan (2004-07-07 00:50:27)

#23 2004-07-20 10:46:48

gazetteer
Website

To be honest I don’t know what I want yet!

I have been busy fighting against textpattern rather than working with it. And almost gave up! It is not like other systems like WP and MT etc. I didn’t understand the way it worked.

I have been round the houses and tried a few other things out and it has took me a while to realise that textpattern is the way to go.

I’m not currently using textpattern on my website as I need to learn a bit before I go live with it, but it is installed on my local server while I play and figure it all out.

Many thanks for your help.

Please be patient! It may take me a while to climb the learning curve.

#24 2004-08-10 23:27:12

feiliao
Website

Dear Ramanam, I am using txp:rsx_page_number_list / at my “default” page. When it is used at the main page, everything is fine. But when used at the category page, the link only goes to http://blahblah/?pg=2, instead of http://blahblah/?pg=2&c=blah…

Would you please to fix this little bug? I really like the way this script works. Thank you very much!

#25 2004-08-14 13:32:31

control-o
Website

Ramanan,
your script is realy usefull, but it has “bug”.
Ok, it`s not realy a bug, but it´s confusing me a little.
The problem is, if you use the tag <code>rsx_page_number_nav</code> from this script, the navigation points into the wrong direction. The link to older entries is on the left, the link to newer entries is on the right. For me it`s not logic because when I read a weblog, I go from “newer” to “older” not from “older” to “newer” entries.
So, I´ve changed it a little (you can <a href=“http://www.blog.control-o.de/code/rsx_page_number_changed.zip”>download it here</a>). The left navi points now to the newer articles and the right navi to the older ones.

I hope it`s ok that I`ve changed it this way !?

Josh

“Remember the times when sex was safer than skydiving”

#26 2004-08-15 02:15:38

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Change it however ever you want. Don’t worry. I think I had a reason for doing the navigation the way I did.

#27 2004-08-15 09:57:59

cnolle
Plugin Author
Website

Outstanding.

Works like a charm.

#28 2005-01-10 21:33:00

chrisrhee
Website

I can get this working for my default page, but not for any other pages. Anyone know of a fix to get it to work on other pages? Thanks.

#29 2005-02-10 03:19:03

trailgirl
Website

I’ve gotten it to work on other pages by using the plugin chh_article_custom to call my articles rather than the txp:article_custom tag. I don’t know why it doesn’t work with just article_custom. My code is:

<code><div id=“page_list”>
Page <txp:rsx_page_number /> of <txp:rsx_last_page_num /><br /> <txp:newer>&laquo; Previous Page</txp:newer>
<txp:older>Next Page &raquo;</txp:older>
</div>

<txp:chh_article_custom section=“photo” limit=“12” listform=“gallery” />
</code>

#30 2005-06-01 19:17:51

tinyfly
Website

windowSize doesn’t seem to be working for me

Board footer