Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#501 2008-06-09 13:47:32

robin746
Website

Re: smd_slimbox

Bloke wrote:

The way I hoped to make slimbox work in v3 never materialised because smd_gallery came along and blew it out of the water.

OK, now that plugin I cannot install because it gives me a blank page afterwards. Just like what was happening with smd_slimbox at first! Arg!

Guess I need to go to the other thread and debug this.

robin

#502 2008-06-09 13:58:32

robin746
Website

Ignore that last message. Grabbing the compressed code from the smd_gallery thread worked. I do not know why this issue keeps cropping up.

robin

#503 2008-06-09 14:27:00

Bloke
Developer
Website

robin746 wrote:

<txp:smd_slimbox thumbsize=“270, 200” sort=“fixed” limit=“1” imageid=”?article_image”/> Although I specify fixed sorting, it doesn’t seem to work. In the article the attached images are specified as 70, 61, 62. But the thumbnails show up in numeric order: 61, 62, 70. Am I missing something?

Umm, yes. limit="1" :-) Slimbox is still only generating one image per page. Is the ‘order’ coming from the order of your articles? i.e. next/prev walk you through the articles? Incidentally, smd_gallery also has powerful built-in pagination support so you don’t need to resort to trickery to do it.

Grabbing the compressed code… worked. I do not know why this issue keeps cropping up.

I think it’s to do with the size of the plugin vs the size of a POST request set by the server. If the plugin is large it exceeds the size, the upload is cancelled and returns a blank page? Just a stab in the dark based on what ruud has said in the past.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-06-09 14:27:58)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#504 2008-06-09 14:38:21

robin746
Website

The page is in fact showing one image at a time, as limit=1 specifies. My point is that these are not displayed in the correct order. They are showing up sorted numerically whereas I have asked for them to be in fixed order.

But never mind, I have installed smd_gallery. Can’t get it to work though, but that is in another thread. :-)

robin

#505 2008-06-09 17:34:18

robin746
Website

Well, I am back to this plugin until I can get smd_gallery to show anything at all on my pages. :-(

I followed your previous suggestion and got my code like so:

<txp:upm_if_article_image>
<txp:smd_slimbox thumbsize="270, 200" sort="fixed" limit="1" imageid="?article_image"/>
<div style="display:none;"><txp:smd_slimbox imageid="?article_image" /></div>
</txp:upm_if_article_image>

This is almost perfect except the thumbnail displayed when the page first loads is not the correct one but rather the lowest numerically.

robin

#506 2008-06-09 20:26:41

Bloke
Developer
Website

robin746 wrote:

Well, I am back to this plugin until I can get smd_gallery to show anything at all on my pages. :-(

Haven’t got a clue about the smd_gallery yet. Everything looks peachy in the SQL. Will continue to think about it.

the thumbnail displayed when the page first loads is not the correct one but rather the lowest numerically.

Bollox, you’re right. I screwed up the limit attribute when using paging. I’ve found the bug (at least I hope so, this one’s gonna be a “patch and hope” job). Gimme 15 mins to run a few tests and get it uploaded. Thanks for finding this, and sorry for the inconvenience.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

#507 2008-06-09 20:54:54

Bloke
Developer
Website

Patched to v0.31 | zipped to fix the problem robin746 highlighted (thanks for that). order="fixed" should actually work as advertised now.

Since it’s quite a big change to the code (logically, not in terms of actual lines of code), please everyone be vigilant and check if the output does what you expect. I can’t foresee any major issues with this change but there may well be some corner cases (hope not, but I’m only human).

EDIT: This’ll probably affect smd_gallery as well so I’ll see if that needs patching too.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-06-09 20:57:44)

#508 2008-06-09 23:18:18

robin746
Website

Bloke wrote:

I think it’s to do with the size of the plugin vs the size of a POST request set by the server. If the plugin is large it exceeds the size, the upload is cancelled and returns a blank page?

Must be something obscure like this. But it is consistent… only the compressed code loads.

Patched to v0.31 | zipped to fix the problem robin746 highlighted (thanks for that). order=“fixed” should actually work as advertised now.

This is rockin’ — works as advertised now. Your responses and quick turnaround are really commendable.

robin

#509 2008-06-13 15:40:54

strawberryfusion

Sort order not working for me.

Currently I have this:

<txp:smd_slimbox category="headboards, sofas, bedroom-furniture, wooden-beds, metal-beds, leather-beds" imagecaption="?alt in ?category" wraptag="li" linkclass="thickbox" sort"leather-beds, metal-beds, wooden-beds, bedroom-furinture, sofas, headboards" />

As soon as sort is added, it jumbles all the thumbnails from all the image categories. If I remove sort completely they are organised by image category but it does it in this order, no matter what I change in category?

headboards, sofas, bedroom-furniture, wooden-beds, metal-beds, leather-beds

Any suggestions on something I could try?

Thanks
rajiv

#510 2008-06-13 16:35:33

Bloke
Developer
Website

strawberryfusion wrote:

As soon as sort is added, it jumbles all the thumbnails from all the image categories.

Aha. You don’t use sort like that :-)

Sort can take either category, id, name, ext, date, etc, etc. Plus fixed or random. If you want them in the order you specified in the category list, put sort="fixed".

Board footer