Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2008-05-22 14:57:31

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: smd_if: Generic multiple if condition tests

Bloke,
Thanks for the plugin, but just a little note: if I use the plugin tag with the urlvar attribute like this:

<txp:smd_if field="urlvar:something" operator="eq" value="something_else" >
do something
</txp:smd_if>
<txp:smd_if field="urlvar:something" operator="undefined">
do something else

all is working ok but in debug mode I have a series of warnings like “Notice: Undefined index: something” when the variable is missing from the URL line.
Nothing really important as the warning goes away in live mode… just wanted to let you know.

#74 2008-05-22 15:02:18

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

redbot wrote:

if I use the plugin tag with the urlvar attribute… in debug mode I have a series of warnings

Yes, I’ve been meaning to fix those. Thanks for reminding me. I think it’s related to the ghost’s findings and there are a few other little things I’ve found in the last month or so that need attention.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#75 2008-05-25 02:24:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

New version that addresses the problem mentioned in the last post and (hopefully) fixes the_ghost’s chh_if_data woes.

V0.6 [ compressed ] also adds the following features:

• Support for files and links as well as articles so now you can embed smd_if inside the plainlinks or files forms and make decisions on which files/links to display
  • Parent checking on file and link categories has been enabled
  • Added ends operator to test if a variable ends with a particular sequence of characters
  • Added more is operators: isalpha, isalnum, islower, isupper, ispunct and isspace. Also added a :NOSPACE modifier to most of these, which suppresses spaces in the field when performing tests
  • Expanded the list of article variables to include author, month, page (the Page template currently in use), permlink_mode and next_utitle / prev_utitle (to get the next/prev url-titles)

Post any questions, comments, cool usages here as always, and have fun.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#76 2008-05-25 09:48:36

redbot
Plugin Author

Thanks Bloke, you rule!

#77 2008-05-26 10:02:21

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Bah! Fixed a stupid oversight when generating the field names. Now, if you specify a field that doesn’t exist on the page it uses the value exactly as you specified instead of trying to find the bogus entry in $thisarticle.

That opens up even more devious tests so you can now do stuff like this inside smd_gallery:

<txp:smd_if field="{counter}" operator="gt" value="5">
  // Only display thumbs from the 6th one onwards

Very useful for singling out individual thumbs or only doing stuff on the 1st thumbnail, etc. Many thanks to Joana Carvalho for leading me to this fix as I tried to help her bend smd_gallery into rendering a stylish portfolio site.

V0.61 [ zipped ]

#78 2008-06-12 00:51:23

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Another maintenance release that fixes the occasional false positive if the plugin generates an empty eval() string. Also added a new field type called NULL which is useful when comparing the result of replacement variables in smd_gallery, wet_for_each_image or smd_each (which is imminent I hope; in final testing now).

Try v0.62 | zipped

#79 2008-07-05 14:05:38

sirblackheart

Great plugin.

Only a little problem, “or” i’m only missing something?

<txp:smd_if field=“urlvar:p1” operator=“undefined , not” value=” , 1_asc” logic=“or”>

Shouldnt this tag write it’S content in the case, the urlvar isn’t set “or” the urlvar “p1” hasn’t the value “1_asc” ?
Seperated from each other this operators work, but they don’t seem to do in this way.
What am I doing wrong? Thx

edit:
sorry I found my error, i have to type the field two times… sorry

Last edited by sirblackheart (2008-07-05 14:39:22)

#80 2008-07-22 22:45:15

visualpeople
Website

I have a feeling I’m missing something easy here, so maybe all I need is another set of eyes…

I just upgraded to 4.0.6 and I swear this error wasn’t there before I ran the update, but I made a couple of other changes (I can’t recall exactly what I did, but it should have been unrelated) in the past few minutes and suddenly I noticed Tag error: <txp:smd_if field="urlvar:brand, urlvar:size, urlvar:price" operator="contains, contains, contains" value="?brand, ?size, ?price" logic="or"> -> Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter. on line 1

Here’s my form:

<txp:smd_if field="urlvar:brand, urlvar:size, urlvar:price" operator="contains, contains, contains" value="?brand, ?size, ?price" logic="or">
<tr>
<td><txp:asy_wondertag><txp:upm_article_image type="thumbnail" url="<txp:article_id/>" /></txp:asy_wondertag></td>
<td><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></td>
<td><txp:custom_field name="brand"/></td>
<td><txp:custom_field name="size"/></td>
<td><txp:custom_field name="price"/></td>
<td><txp:body /></td>
</tr>

I’ve gone over things several times, and everything seems to be outputting correctly, the error is just throwing me off… I just know I’m missing something dumb <excuse>we have a new baby in the house and I think his presence is eating my brain cells or at least severely inhibiting their function</excuse>

#81 2008-07-28 20:01:54

ultramega

Hmmm…. I was kindly advised by maniqui to use this plugin. I want to provide an option for user to “switch” which kind of article list is showed: few articles per page with article thumbs, or greater amount with just text-link.

So now I have in page:

<txp:smd_if field=“urlvar:textonly”
operator=“eq”
value=“yes”
>
<txp:article form=“text-list” limit=“100”>
<txp:else />
<txp:article form=“with-images” limit=“5”>

If I test this with linking to mysite.com/section/?textonly=yes

the list portion is empty. Actually it is now empty with plain “/section/” too, so what I’m doing wrong here?

#82 2008-07-28 23:45:55

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Atleast close your <txp:article> tags, ie. <txp:article form="text-list" limit="100"> to <txp:article form="text-list" limit="100" />

#83 2008-07-29 08:05:22

ultramega

Thanks Gocom, but missing endings were only here because I wrote them wrong – the site is on local install on other computer. So copypaste didn’t work well :)

I found the reason was: I copied the example code block straight from the plugins help page, and there where those linebreaks and few additional spaces also. When I removed them, it started to work…

#84 2008-08-01 08:56:33

markgr

Hi Bloke

I’ve been trying to use your plugin to check to display content via article id but with no joy.

Using a single page template I need to display one particular chunk of content along with a single article in the section but not the rest. would the following work:

<txp:smd_if field=“id” operator=“eq” value=“7”>

<div class=“tabber”> <div class=“tabbertab”> <h2>Multi Vendor Approach</h2> <txp:article_custom category=“tab1-section-identity-connects” excerpted=“0” form=“identity-connects-tabs-content” limit=“1” pgonly=“0” section=“identity-connects” sort=“Section desc” /> </div>

<div class=“tabbertab”> <h2>Ensuring Success</h2> <txp:article_custom category=“tab2-section-identity-connects” excerpted=“0” form=“identity-connects-tabs-content” limit=“1” pgonly=“0” section=“identity-connects” sort=“Section desc” /> </div>

<div class=“tabbertab”> <h2>Leading Technology</h2> <txp:article_custom category=“tab3-section-identity-connects” excerpted=“0” form=“identity-connects-tabs-content” limit=“1” pgonly=“0” section=“identity-connects” sort=“Section desc” />

</div>

</div>

<txp:else />

I’ve also tried to get this to work use the category2 option but with no luck.

Think I’m being a bit thick with this!

cheers
Mark

Board footer