Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-03-25 21:31:40

zolo

Re: wordpress upgrade

Hmm… and you went to the trouble of posting just to say that? Well, it’s easier to attack the delivery / deliverer than the issue, eh? Hopefully no one noticed that’s what you did.

Now all we need is Queen Thread Locker to arrive and apply her usual iron rod to proceedings. Where would the project be now without her presence?! ‘Doing well’ would be my guess….

#14 2008-03-25 22:43:44

Neko

zolo wrote:

Now all we need is Queen Thread Locker to arrive and apply her usual iron rod to proceedings. Where would the project be now without her presence?! ‘Doing well’ would be my guess….

Do you mean Mary? LOL, where all that animosity comes from? If it wasn’t (also) for her, TXP will be probably gone long ago.

And who cares how’s the forums mood nowadays and how much money WP has raised compared to TXP now? I still use TXP for 99% of my stuff. IMO, TXP is still far superior to WP even if it hasn’t changed that much since 4.0.

Do you miss the old forum days when we were all pretty much Dean’s BFF and testers? Why, instead of posting cheap shots at people, you don’t start doing some serious contributions when it comes to patches, translations, helping people on the forums or simply donating a few bucks to the devs? Last time I checked, trolling on the Internet wasn’t the best way to win friends and restoring the Merry England forum atmosphere.

Last edited by Neko (2008-03-25 22:45:06)

#15 2008-03-25 23:40:49

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Yawn. Stink-bait. Not biting.

#16 2008-03-25 23:45:27

els

zolo wrote:

it became humorless

??? And I’m always having so much fun reading that code…

#17 2008-03-26 12:00:46

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Well, it’s easier to attack the delivery / deliverer than the issue, eh? Hopefully no one noticed that’s what you did.

First the delivery: someone registers just to post something like this out of the blue to kick a thread that has seen no other responses in the last 10 days. Most of the times it’s either a spammer who’s very creative at reaching a certain minimum post count… or someone who created a new account because he/she doesn’t have the guts to post under his/her normal account. So, the first impression is not good.

As for the message: you seem to have some problems with the developers (or management, as you call it). I wonder if you know who is currently part of the developers team and if it’s appropriate to call the developers dictatorial and humourless without backing that with any arguments like links to recent posts where you encountered this behaviour. I don’t consider myself to be dictatorial and I think the environment here on the forum is friendly and doesn’t exclude people. Posts like yours do nothing but create the negative atmosphere, which you blame on the developers.

True, Wordpress is more popular than TXP. That’s how it is. Wordpress has a different target audience (IMHO) and is probably easier to get started with… for that particular audience, which happens to be a rather large part of the internetpopulation. Does that make it better or worse than TXP? I think not. Use the right tool for the job. Different jobs require different tools. Why compete when we can co-exist happily alongside each other?

And if you’re posting here to promote xPattern… I don’t think the xPattern people would welcome such negative posts here in order to promote xPattern. There’s no hard feelings between xPattern devs and TXP devs.

Board footer