Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-03-02 14:34:06

els

Re: [textile] textile image tag

iblastoff wrote:

if you choose the ftp-only root then you lose article image functionality

Not completely. You can enter /images/image.png instead of an image id in the article image field.

#14 2008-03-02 20:02:23

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thank you Els. :)

@Steve – I don’t disagree that there are a number of areas that need improving as far as image management/handling is concerned, but those 20 or 30 page long threads discuss all sorts of things, not just the use of image numbers which was the subject of this thread. Also, just because a thread is 20 or 30 pages long doesn’t mean that there are 20 or 30 pages worth of different people commenting. Generally there is a core element who bandy ideas around with new people chipping in occassionally. I still think we are talking about the few rather than the majority as far as this thread’s subject is concerned.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#15 2008-03-03 09:56:23

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

iblastoff wrote:

…or automatically append suffix numbers to file names when a file name already exists.

Wouldn’t this increase the confusion for non experienced users?… Steve, I agree with you that the overall image handling done in txp definitely needs a massive overhaul but the alternative should be idiot-proof. Appending a suffix might be more confusing for some to knowing out from the start that their image names are replaced with numbers… Just thinking….

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#16 2008-03-05 13:26:57

jim_01

In my opinion the image handling process is definitely TextPatterns Achillies heel. Which is a shame because other than this is awesome!

And any solution would definitely need to be simple. Many end users of the system aren’t web designers or developers and so it needs to be really clear and intuitive. The same criteria for any piece of UI design.

Last edited by jim_01 (2008-03-05 13:27:30)

Board footer