Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#253 2007-09-28 22:20:54

lee

Re: [Archived] stw_category_tree

Sent you an email via your forum e-mail link, let me know if you don’t get it.

#254 2007-09-28 22:48:02

Paul_U
Website

mrdale wrote:

I wonder if it might be better to break this off into a new thread. That way you could keep a changelog at the the top of the thread.

Yeah, I might do that now that it looks to be working fairly good. Should I also pick another name for the plugin in that case? Would look a bit silly to have two topics with the same plugin name.

Lee, I got your mail, thanks!

#255 2007-09-29 15:44:47

mrdale
Website

>Paul
I suggest you gently fork this into a new plugin and give it a new name. Keep in touch with Santheo, I’m sure he won’t mind (it looks like you are already giving ample credit for others work) and he might have some good advice.

Me? I’d love to see this plugin add support for rss_unlimited categories but that may or may not be where your time and interest will take you.

Best of luck!

#256 2007-11-29 01:26:13

vickilh

Hello!

My most simple question is: Is there some way to have the ‘Article Category Name’ be in the same format as the ‘Article Category Title’?

I recently upgraded from an earlier version of TXP, where the category name and title were formatted the same. All of my “old” migrated categories names are fine, they remained as they were. But with any newly created categories, the category names now get formatted like this (entered the same as ‘category title’):

article category name: 01-My-Category article
category title: 01. My Category

I.e., hyphens are substituted for spaces, etc..

I am using the stw_category_tree plugin, version 0.4. Everything is working fine with this old version plugin with my 4.0.5 TXP. I did try upgrading the plugin (just thought it might be a good idea), but everything went wild so I just quickly went back to the old version. Everything seemed to be working fine until I added new categories.

So, with using the plugin, I can’t use the “title=1” option.

I’ve tried modifying the plugin, but without success so far. Any help / ideas greatly appreciately!!

—————————————
Hello!

I can’t remember what happened when I upgraded the plugin (just know it didn’t work), and now this machine is in Production. —What I’ve done is modify the plugin to do a replace on hyphens. Thanks! Vicki

Thanks! Vicki

Last edited by vickilh (2007-12-03 15:43:25)

#257 2007-11-29 16:25:56

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

vickilh-

I can’t really help you with the version 0.4 problem — I’m no longer providing support for anything before the current version.

However, I’d be interested to know what happens when you upgrade to the current version of the plug-in on TXP 4.0.5. What kind of errors, exactly, are you getting?

Thanks.

#258 2007-11-30 12:12:42

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

If there’s anyone else out there who wants to get this working with the clean “section/category” URLs produced by the rss_unlimited_categories plugin, here’s one way. Change the stw_cat_link function to this:

function stw_cat_link ($cat,$sec,$title) {
  global $sgb_url_handler_cfg;

$cat_link = pagelinkurl(array('c'=>$cat, 's'=>$sec));
  if ( !empty($sec) && $sec!='default' && $permlink_mode!='messy' ) {
    if ($sgb_url_handler_cfg) {
      $cleanurl = sgb_url_handler_config();
      if ($cleanurl['schemes']['section_category'] == "%section%/%category%") {
        $cat_link = hu.urlencode($sec)."/".urlencode($cat);
      }
    } elseif ( function_exists('rss_uc_list') ) {
        $cat_link = hu.urlencode($sec)."/".urlencode(strtolower($cat));
    }
  }

return tag(htmlspecialchars($title),'a',' href="'.$cat_link.'" title="'.htmlspecialchars($title).'"');
}

Changes begin on the 5th line.

#259 2007-11-30 13:54:03

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

I have a new problem: the plugin won’t recognize the currently-viewed category and apply a class accordingly. At first I thought the problem was the plugin’s assumption that an article will have a Category 1 (which isn’t the case with the unlimited categories plugin), so I made the following change (this is for Paul’s version):

// from this:
$thiscat = $thisarticle ? $thisarticle['category1'] : ($pretext['c'] ? $pretext['c'] : $start);

//to this:

$thiscat = $thisarticle ? $thisarticle['c'] : ($pretext['c'] ? $pretext['c'] : $start);

But that hasn’t done me any good. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I might fix this?

#260 2007-12-07 21:16:41

nabrown78
Website

Hi all,
This plugin is perfect for me except for one thing: I’d like to show even empty categories (no problem) but only LINK the ones that aren’t empty. Anyone know if this is possible? Or how I could hack it?
Thanks.

#261 2007-12-08 17:35:12

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Nora-

Good idea. I’ll put this on the feature list for the next version. (Though no promises about when that’ll be.)

-S

#262 2008-01-16 12:02:54

SebastianS

Hi,

I’m trying to work out how to use stw_category_tree 1a.2.

Looking at my site:- webdevelopmentnotes.com I want to have control over the style of the child categories of the Textpattern parent category (Txp-Tags, TXP Resources).

So I suppose I am asking how I put a class style tag into the child categories so I can control text size and whatever else.

Looking at the HTML I see <li id=“cat-tags”><span><a href=“http://webdevelopmentnotes.com/articles/?c=tags” title=“Txp-Tags”>Txp-Tags</a></span></li>

and i add

.cat-tags { color: #34525A; font-size: 1.2em; } to the style sheet but it does nothing.

So really I’m asking a CSS question.

#263 2008-01-16 12:47:10

uli

you’re addressing an id (#) as a class (.) Try #cat-tags { color: #34525A; font-size: 1.2em; }

Last edited by uli (2008-01-16 12:55:42)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#264 2008-01-16 23:18:00

SebastianS

<ul><li> Thank you for pointing that out to me, that fixed the problem, and brought up more questions for me, so I’ll carefully read the plugin notes before I ask anymore.

Board footer