Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#517 2007-12-28 16:15:14

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

One thought: it might just be one or more stray newline(s) at the end of one of the textpattern/lib/l10n_blahblah.php files (that is, after the ?> at the end of the file.) I just took a look at the sources and there were a few in there — I’ve trimmed them out so the next build will not include them.

If you want to see if that is your problem just edit those text files and make sure there is no blank line after any closing ?>.

Hope that helps.

Edit: The files you will need to edit are…

1. l10n_default_strings.php
  2. l10n_en-gb_strings.php
  3. l10n_langs.php

Last edited by net-carver (2007-12-28 16:21:01)

Steve

#518 2007-12-29 07:39:47

Kjeld
Website

Many thanks for this excellent plugin.

I have a problem with the compatibility of this plugin with the plugin chh_keywords. In messy mode it works fine, in clean mode, chh_keywords adds an extra language identifier to the url of the top page (not to the addresses of the individual articles).

For example:

Address returned by <txp:l10n_lang_list /> should be:
1. www.xxx.com/ja (in English mode)
2. www.xxx.com/nl (in English mode)
3. www.xxx.com/en (in Japanese mode)
4. www.xxx.com/nl (in Japanese mode)

Actual address returned:
1. www.xxx.com/ja/en (in English mode)
2. www.xxx.com/nl/en (in English mode)
3. www.xxx.com/en/ja (in Japanese mode)
4. www.xxx.com/nl/ja (in Japanese mode)

I figure this must a problem with the code for clean mode in chh_keywords.

Is there anybody who has (or can make) a fix for this problem?

Old Photos of Japan – Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
MeijiShowa – Stock photos of Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
JapaneseStreets.com – Japanese street fashion (mostly txp)

#519 2007-12-29 12:39:25

beatfreak

net-carver

Problem solved! I removed all the blank lines at the end of all the l10n_ … files and the first empty line is gone.
Thank you.

#520 2007-12-29 12:49:38

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Kjeld

I’ve never used that plugin so please be patient while I take a look at it. Do be aware however; it might not be possible to fix this problem as the MLP Pack includes a modification to the txplib_db.php file. I’ll let you know what I find or if I need anything else to help narrow it down.

beatfreak

Fantastic. Thanks for helping me make the pack better too. Please consider posting me a link to the site when it goes live and as long as my young daughter can look at it.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-12-29 14:12:55)

Steve

#521 2007-12-29 12:52:27

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

net-carver wrote:

All, especially Patrick
If you haven’t seen this post you might be able to help me out.

Oops, sorry Steve I’m late for an answer.

The website is still in development and must be launch on january 15th 2008. I drop you a line when all will be finished.

Best regards,

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#522 2007-12-29 13:06:45

Kjeld
Website

net-carver wrote:

Kjeld
I’ve never used that plugin so please be patient while I take a look at it. Do be aware however; it might not be possible to fix this problem as the MLP Pack includes a modification to the txplib_db.php file. I’ll let you know what I find or if I need anything else to help narrow it down.

Thanks. I think the fix may be needed in the css_keywords plug.

I also have a problem with the plugin “ob1_googlenav”. It should give “www.xxx.com/en/?pg=2”, but instead it gives “www.xxx.com/en?pg=2”. If I add a final “/” to the address in the browser, it actually produces the correct address, so I think the plugin pulls the url from the current page.

Now there is no final “/” in the adress in MLP (eg. the address is “www.xxx.com/en”). Is that on purpose? Is there a way to add a final “/” to the language marker? (eg. “www.xxx.com/en/”)

#523 2007-12-29 13:21:21

beatfreak

net-carver

I will give you the details of the site when it goes live. Should be somewhere in januari.

#524 2007-12-29 13:33:38

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Kjeld,

Hello again.

Regarding your first post; does disabling chh_keywords give correctly formed links from the l10n_lang_list tag?

I also have a problem with the plugin “ob1_googlenav”. It should give “www.xxx.com/en/?pg=2”, but instead it gives “www.xxx.com/en?pg=2”. If I add a final “/” to the address in the browser, it actually produces the correct address, so I think the plugin pulls the url from the current page.

Yes, it pulls from the current page. As there is no other ‘/’ character after your site’s root URI, the plugin doesn’t insert one.

Some examples…

URI Re-Written URI
www.xxx.com www.xxx.com/lang-marker
www.xxx.com/section www.xxx.com/lang-marker/section
www.xxx.com/section?get-vars www.xxx.com/lang-marker/section?get-vars

For now, can you consider a move of your use of the googlenav plugin to a section? (I guess not.)

…Is there a way to add a final “/” to the language marker? (eg. “www.xxx.com/en/”)

Not currently. You might find a .htaccess re-write rule to do it.

Steve

#525 2007-12-29 13:45:57

Kjeld
Website

net-carver wrote:

Kjeld,
Regarding your first post; does disabling chh_keywords give correctly formed links from the l10n_lang_list tag?

Yes, it does. (Unfortunately, chh_keywords plays a very important role on the site, so I can’t discard it.)

Yes, it pulls from the current page. As there is no other ‘/’ character after your site’s root URI, the plugin doesn’t insert one. For now, can you consider a move of your use of the googlenav plugin to a section? (I guess not.)

…Is there a way to add a final “/” to the language marker? (eg. “www.xxx.com/en/”)
Not currently. You might find a .htaccess re-write rule to do it.

Mmmm. Not an attractive preposition.

I originally used sections for different languages, but I find your plugin so elegant that I really want to use it, if possible. Do you think a rewrite of the googlenav plugin would be an option?

#526 2007-12-29 13:49:50

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Kjeld wrote:

I originally used sections for different languages, but I find your plugin so elegant that I really want to use it, if possible. Do you think a rewrite of the googlenav plugin would be an option?

No. I think an extra option for the l10n_lang_list would be more appropriate. Something like <txp:l10n_lang_list appendslash="1" />.

BTW, I take it that these problems aren’t with the site you just posted for the MLP gallery???

Steve

#527 2007-12-29 13:54:09

Kjeld
Website

net-carver wrote:

Kjeld wrote:
BTW, I take it that these problems aren’t with the site you just posted for the MLP gallery???

That is correct. They are with another site still under construction. I can e-mail you the URL if it helps.

#528 2007-12-29 14:03:30

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Ok, there’s a contact form on my website but I probably won’t get much time for anything until Monday night. If you are posting from Japan I’m about an hour behind you here.

Steve

Board footer