Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-10-19 11:11:14

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Integration width a forum board

Does someone have make a integration width whichever forum board?
I try to make an integration width phpbb3…. mah!!!

#2 2007-10-19 12:15:04

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Integration width a forum board

There’s txphorum which provides a solution for txp to be used as a forum. The way I went about it is by using the rss feeds both from the forum and the txp sites to provide a sort of relationship between the two ‘spaces’.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2007-10-24 09:19:34

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Define “integration”.

#4 2007-10-24 20:39:56

FireFusion

http://www.davedh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/harpanet/Textpattern_Vanilla_Integration.htm – Looks like a dead project, though. Shame as Vanilla is awesome.

#5 2007-10-24 20:48:06

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

colak,

Can you clarify that your forum here is based on txphorum? Anyway to get you to offer up your design for public use?

marcoK,

If you have the time/design skills, you can make txphorum look awesome and actually be in your textpattern site (each post and reply is an article). It’s a working project but has a lot of potential.

• Ben

#6 2007-10-24 22:20:07

jakob
Admin
Website

Can you clarify that your forum here is based on txphorum?

At the bottom it says “powered by PunBB”, like this forum.

I think txpphorum is the only txp-intern forum out there.

Dave Harper’s vanilla integration should still work with the current version of vanilla. Integration here means a shared user-base, i.e. you don’t get vanilla posts showing in the back-end of txp, but the user’s don’t need to log-in twice. Some other ideas whilst still with vanilla: with the Blog add-on you can make a category in Vanilla function as a blog. There’s also an add-on named Janine that creates a forum thread for each blog post – it’s currently setup for wordpress but could be adapted to txp.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#7 2007-10-25 05:12:26

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

benbruce wrote:

colak,
Can you clarify that your forum here is based on txphorum? Anyway to get you to offer up your design for public use?

Hi Ben, jakob is right. We use punBB for the NeMe forum. We also use magpie to bring in the feeds from the txp sites into the forum and a couple of plugins in the txp sites to bring in the feeds from the forum and the other txp managed areas.

Re the design, it is very straight forward. What you need is the css files which you are welcome to. (please do not use our image though:)). If you need help on how to integrate magpie please post here and i will be very happy to share.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#8 2007-11-05 12:28:32

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Mary wrote:

Define “integration”.

For me a TXP-ForumBoard integration is the possibility to use the login method of FB for show hide section in txp.

Txphorum i have not yet tryed but it’s the next step that i do.

I and my friends are able to use PHPBB and it’a Admin Panel. I’have think that if i can use a Login method of PHPBB or any similar board to make a login for any txp user, it’s possible show same hidden section only for a registerd and logged users.

If that’s possible width txphorum, i have no reason to integrate any other board. but it’s olso beacuse i have view same txphorum in action and it’s more different and very simply in comparison to forum made width a specific board.

Ben wrote:

If you have the time/design skills, you can make txphorum look awesome and actually be in your textpattern site (each post and reply is an article). It’s a working project but has a lot of potential.

That’s true but i think that in this time have not the capability of other forum board.

I don’t wont use imperatively phpbb. I think that also punbb it’s a valid FB for create an itegration.

@colak…. what is magpie?

#9 2007-11-05 13:03:49

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

TXPhorum isn’t that noncapable as you can think. It’s as capapable to do everything as Textpattern is – and so, it can be customized to do as same as other forum boards. You can see my customazition of Textpattern as forum at Uproar n Rattle.biz It’s basically based on TXPhorum.

PS. width is written as with. Width means ampio when with is via. As for correting you English :)

Last edited by Gocom (2007-11-05 13:04:19)

#10 2007-11-05 13:15:22

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Gocom

PS. width is written as with. Width means ampio when with is via. As for correting you English :)

Orc…. it’s right! My English it’s too bad! Thank’s.

I’ have visited your site and i have view your forum.
The first thing that i note that’s different from other borad is the category:
For the invite yourself you have only one topic in the forum, and any user add his 3d and speak about himself. my idea is to create a forum named presentation and any user open a topic wisth his presentation. So taht any other user can reply at specific presentation.

Last edited by MarcoK (2007-11-05 13:22:56)

#11 2007-11-05 13:27:14

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

huh? i definitely see at least 6 topics on gocoms forum..

#12 2007-11-05 14:10:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

I’ have visited your site and i have view your forum.
The first thing that i note that’s different from other borad is the category:
For the invite yourself you have only one topic in the forum, and any user add his 3d and speak about himself. my idea is to create a forum named presentation and any user open a topic wisth his presentation. So taht any other user can reply at specific presentation.

It can be done by using article categories :)

huh? i definitely see at least 6 topics on gocoms forum..

iblastoff, he was probably meaning subsections, as here on Textpattern.com that contain the topics.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gocom (2007-11-05 14:12:56)

Board footer