Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-05-08 18:05:25

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

[contrib] My Plugin Demo/Help Site

Sorry if I got your hopes up, but it’s currently just an idea. I used to spend a lot of time on the forums and writing plugins. I had a lot of fun doing this as well, but fell out of touch with Textpattern. I’ve finally figured out the main reason why I lost my motivation, I stopped blogging as much. This simple lack of action has effectively removed me as a power user of Textpattern. If I’m not using it everyday, then I am not coming up with ways of improving it for myself. In an effort to rekindle my motivation, I am seeking out help with redesigning http://manfre.net. While my coding skills are IMHO good, my design skills are at best not an eye sore.

A few of my plugins seem to have gained a lot of demand recently and I would like to have a site set up to better assist people wishing to use these plugins. I am envisioning the site as having a area for each plugin that will provide up to date help, tag examples, FAQs, a live demo and possibly a place for users to request features or report bugs. The main page will show recent activity by myself and other users (comments, requests, etc). Any personal information that is currently on my site will be shuffled to a user restricted area and will not be the main focus of the site.

If anyone is interested in helping, please reply here or send a mail through this site.

#2 2007-05-08 18:55:00

zero
Website

Re: [contrib] My Plugin Demo/Help Site

Hi Manfre. Rather than starting from scratch, have you thought of using some of the ready-made templates? I think one I made called texty could be adapted easily enough for your purposes. I could help you with it. It contains no graphics however so you might prefer one of the other ones at textgarden.org or txp-templates for example.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#3 2007-05-08 19:23:57

variaas
Plugin Author
Website

I would consider looping in Alicson who runs Textpattern Resources. That’s the site I currently use to get plugins.

#4 2007-05-08 19:43:01

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

@zero, I’ve thought about using existing templates and have started to look through what is there. The only problem I’m faced with is that if I don’t find a template that perfectly fills my needs, my artistically inept eyes will result in the equivalent of using duct tape to hang a picture on a wall. The room will look fine and I’m sure the picture will look good as well, but all visitors will only end up glaring at the tape.

@variaas, I intend this site to only be for my plugins. There are quite a few scattered resource/help sites for textpattern and its plugins. I was one of the people who helped Alicson with getting that site going. Inevitably, the problem with using that site is that I would be constantly updating entries that ultimately point back to my site. It also doesn’t allow me to properly manage and track requests for new features and support.

I realize this sounds very selfish, but my aims are to get myself back in to the habit of using Textpattern on a regular basis while making it easier for others to painlessly integrate my plugins in to their sites.

#5 2007-05-08 20:37:09

maniqui
Website

Niichan!!

Manfre is back!!
Let’s open a bottle of Smirnoff in his honor!!

For those who don’t know hime, he is a TxP legend, like Remillard (I wonder where will Remillard be at?).
Hope you enjoy using TxP again on a regular basis and have fun with your plug-ins.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer