Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-05-01 09:12:41

resplence

[feedback] Wild idea: let's just chill.

Is it just me or people are getting restless in this forum? Lately I’ve seen more than a few posts that either had an overly demanding tone or were just plain confrontational. This makes me feel bad for the developers, who bust their asses working for donations but still have to put up with dissatisfied customers. TXP is FOSS; you’re welcome to use, distribute, fix, suggest, criticize, improve. You’re not welcome to attack, bitch, complain and demand.

Seriously people, stop acting like the developers owe you anything, or that they will abandon you because they’re trying to come up with ways to make money. You haven’t been betrayed. And by the amount of effort I see them put both into maintaining the software and managing the forums, I don’t think you ever will.

I apologize if I’m reading it all wrong, but I was under the impression that morale was starting to get a bit low and tried to come up with some positive reinforcement. And just for a change I would like to hear some personal success stories people had thanks to using TXP.

(On second thought, it might be a good idea to delete this topic, though, so the complainers won’t see it as a gap for more bitching.)

Last edited by resplence (2007-05-01 09:13:26)

#2 2007-05-01 14:07:45

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [feedback] Wild idea: let's just chill.

it’s just you.

Board footer