2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#97 2007-03-19 09:12:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_slimbox

lee wrote:

Load your version of moo and slimbox works and the slideshow stops, load the slideshow version of moo and slideshow works and slimbox stops.

Very strange indeed. I’ve not tried them both together. Guess I should. I’ll see if I can replicate it and work out what’s going on.

From a purely practical viewpoint, doing as you have and loading all required modules into your own version of mootools ought to work for both plugins. There’s no earthly reason I can see why they shouldn’t co-exist. Lemme see if I can find something out. You might wanna bounce this off Aeron too if you haven’t already; I’ll try and hook up with him sometime and hammer this out as well.

Sorry it’s causing you a headache.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#98 2007-03-19 10:26:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Bloke wrote:

I’ve not tried them both together. Guess I should. I’ll see if I can replicate it and work out what’s going on.

lee, I’ve just installed aro_slideshow v2.01 on a site that had slimbox on it also. So I now have:

smd_lib                  v0.21
smd_random_banner        v0.22
smd_slimbox              v0.23
aro_slideshow            v2.0.1
slideshow.js/slimbox.js  Loaded using stm_javascript
mootools                 The version from smd_slimbox_v0.23, also loaded using stm_javascript

In my <head> tag I have:

<txp:js n="mootools"/>
<txp:js n="slimbox"/>
<txp:js n="slideshow"/>
<txp:css n="default format="link"/>
<txp:css n="slimbox" format="link"/>
<txp:smd_slimbox_inc skip="3"/>

and in a test article I put:

<txp:aro_slideshow category="pics" />
<txp:smd_slimbox category="empty" imageid="?Image_list" orderby="id" wraptag="div" />

The output wasn’t pretty, but it ran the slideshow in the centre of the page, cycling through the images, and had slimboxable thumbs around it, which I clicked as the slideshow was playing and it showed them as expected. I must have been lucky with mootools that the version I included with smd_slimbox had all the necessary modules to run aro_slideshow in its default configuration. That was fortunate!

So, the two plugins can work side-by-side; the question now is why yours aren’t. Have you got any example code / version info like the above you could post so I might try and work out why they’re not playing nicely?

Last edited by Bloke (2007-03-19 10:27:21)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#99 2007-03-19 11:07:48

treb0r
Website

Bloke wrote:

Two things to check:

1. Are you using the tag in an individual article page? The Custom Field / Article Image / Title etc won’t work on an article-list page because there’s no actual article to read from.
  2. Check 1 again :-)

Bingo!

Even though I’m viewing one article, it was in list context. (<txp:article limit=“1” form=“gallery”/>). I was wanting to display the most recent gallery added to the gallery section. I guess I’ll have to rethink the design.

Great plugin, thanks dude!

Last edited by treb0r (2007-03-19 21:31:32)

#100 2007-03-19 19:56:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

OK, I relented and made an interim before v0.3 comes along.

v0.24 adds the feature requested by papuass: libcheck="0" will turn off the library checking feature so you don’t have to use smd_slimbox_inc at all. That way, it never complains if you haven’t loaded the libs and can therefore be used to output a thumb gallery for RSS feeds and the like.

Also in this version is a fix for the annoying “display all pics if ?field contains nothing” bug, and a small patch to add the Next/Prev link text into MLP (I’d forgotten to include them last time).

Let me know how you get on. I’ll now descend into my coding cave to work on v0.3.

#101 2007-03-21 19:21:01

mrdale
Website

ooh, ooh… pick me.

I found an obscure bug. hyphenated categories make this mad, mad (in a good way) plugin puke. Just helped someone fix a broken site.

#102 2007-03-21 20:28:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mrdale wrote:

hyphenated categories make this mad, mad (in a good way) plugin puke.

Damn, you’re right. That was me trying to be too clever with a RegEx. The plugin is actually fine, it’s the library at fault. smd_lib v0.21a fixes it.

Sorry about that. Good find, thanks.

As Yoda might say: “shoddy testing make not a good coder…”

Last edited by Bloke (2007-03-21 20:29:17)

#103 2007-04-02 21:52:06

pieman
Website

Ace work.. easy to install, easy to use. Cheers.

Now then, not sure if this is a bug or a feature (as you say), but I can’t get this article form to output the article images if the article is a sticky…
<txp:smd_slimbox imageid="?article_image" showcaption="1" wraptag="li" captionclass="caption" />

If I flip the article to live status it’s fine… Do i win a prize – or just public humiliation? ;)

Meanwhile…

Bloke wrote:

Be aware that there’s a potential issue here: if your article does not contain an article image, the plugin will unfortunately fall back to showing all images in the database. I’ll try and work in a fix for that in the next rev (probably tonight, it’s going well…) but until then, to be on the safe side, use category="this_is_not_a_category" or something (any category that doesn’t really exist) and then you will get only the article image.

Alternatively, you could wrap it in tcm_if_article_image

#104 2007-04-02 22:40:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

pieman wrote:

I can’t get this article form to output the article images if the article is a sticky… Do i win a prize

Confirmed bug, so you qualify for a “Stef’ll fix it” badge :-p

The reason: sticky articles transcend normal articles and display article list characteristics (i.e. showing up on article list pages), hence my fugly hack for determining if you are in an article list or an article fails. It’s smd_lib at fault: bad library. Bad library.

It only affects ?fieldname or !fieldname type queries and could be considered a good thing if you didn’t really want sticky articles to show slimbox thumbs. Sadly, this obviously flawed interpretation belongs solely to me so I’ll mend the code to match the expectation of everyone else on the planet. Sorry, but thanks for the catch.

me: if your article does not contain an article image, the plugin will unfortunately fall back to showing all images * snip * pieman: Alternatively, you could wrap it in tcm_if_article_image

Correct, that’s a solution if you’re using ?article_image and already have/don’t mind installing that plugin. Shouldn’t be an issue with v0.24 though as I’ve fixed it.

EDIT: OK, try v0.21b instead.

Last edited by Bloke (2007-04-02 23:25:18)

#105 2007-04-10 16:52:37

DigitalRealm
Website

Just to relay some input….

I am using this plugin along with the slideshow V2 plugin and both are working perfectly. I did have to go and download a complete version of MooTools for it to work however. I download the entire library and uploaded it and now both plugins work perfectly. Just a heads up for those having trouble with it, they will work together.

#106 2007-04-12 12:56:28

mbalson

I’ve looked around a bit and I don’t see anyone else having the same problem, so here goes.
This is probably my implementation, but Slimbox is displaying all of my images in one large series. ie all of the images on the page using categories. I was using bas_lightbox before switching and it would maintain my category groupings within the lightbox.
Any ideas?
hxxp://www.markbalson.com

#107 2007-04-13 05:05:53

progre55

Bloke:

I must comment again on how GREAT your plug in is …. but what would make it even greater (how do you like the sucking up) would be the capability to launch it from a single image or text. Not sure if there is any possibility in getting that into the next version.

I have read your work arounds, but this is a little tough when in a production enviroment controled by the client. It also puts constraints on the design. again, not complaining if this is not possible.

Thanks again for the excellent plug in.

progre55

#108 2007-04-13 14:16:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mbalson wrote:

Slimbox is displaying all of my images in one large series. ie all of the images on the page using categories.

If you are using a series of categories it will indeed (unfortunately) smoosh them all into one lump for you. Even though the default is to use orderby="category" it only puts them in order and doesn’t split into logical category groups. Oversight on my part when designing it. v0.3 will fix that (and then some!) when I’ve got my head round it.

You can currently make a half-kludge in one of two ways:

1. use groupname="?c" which will stop the slimbox next/prev links from straying outside a category (not terribly useful in your case, but if you’re a whizz with CSS you may be able to use some clever CSS selectors to make the ‘rel’ attribute split at category – I’ve never managed it though)
  2. use more than one slimbox tag per page, each with a single category in it. Not pretty, but it will do what you want for now until I find some time to enhance it.

Sorry it’s not quite the all-singing, all dancing ballerina that it should be. If I get some spare time next week I’ll carry on trying to kick v0.3 into a releasable shape.

EDIT: D’oh! Having just looked at your web site, it appears groupname="?c" is exactly what you want. If each logical ‘group’ of images on your page is sourced from a different image category, put groupname="?c" in each slimbox tag and it’ll constrain the links to that group only.

If your images aren’t in easily identifiable categories but are made up of lists of IDs or something, just add a fixed (unique) string in the groupname attribute of each tag. e.g. the first tag might be groupname="grp1", the second groupname="grp2" and so on. That should get it doing what you want.

Last edited by Bloke (2007-04-13 20:45:53)

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer