Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-04-10 09:03:17

shaza

A very Weird Comments Problem

Basically, the comments form shows up, then when I write a comment, it previews it. BUT, when I submit it, nothing happens. It doesnt show up in the comments area at all, let alone on the page. I took off comments moderation, and its weird cause my other site, which uses textpattern, has no such problem and it’s on the same server. Commenting is enabled, and all the settings seem right in Admin >> Preferences…. So…

Here is the url:
http://www.gumgum.org

And I tried it on different sections/etc. and the problem is consistent throughout every page/section wherever comments are enabled. My comments coding seems fine to me, but Im getting this weird diagnostics error (I dunno if it has anything to do with it, if so how would I fix it, cause I dont get this error on my other site, even though its alsp txp…

The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: system, passthru

The forms look fine to me, since I didnt mess around with them, so it makes no sense to me why its not working ;_;

(sigh) I dont get it at all

Last edited by shaza (2007-04-10 09:03:57)

#2 2007-04-10 10:03:25

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: A very Weird Comments Problem

What you really get is a 403 Forbidden error. But it looks like you error-page is set up to point to the same article…? Restore your error-page to how they were originally, so we can find out more.
It could be that this is the actual problem:
http://textpattern.com/faq/243/comment-spam-blacklist-false-positives
but we can’t know for sure without seeing the error-page and -message.

Last edited by Sencer (2007-04-10 10:03:49)

#3 2007-04-10 12:08:25

shaza

Re: A very Weird Comments Problem

Ah okay, I restored it to default now. It gives me this message:

your_ip_is_blacklisted_by sbl.spamhaus.org

But I went to that faq and fixed that “.” and it works now =D yay! Thanks so much~

Last edited by shaza (2007-04-10 12:10:40)

Board footer