Plugin Author
Website

Re: Articles by Category

Said category_tree plugin posted here

#22 2004-06-30 21:12:12

bluearc21
Website

Could Dean or someone post how to edit this plugin so it prints the new “URL-only title” links – and not the older article title method?

Meaning, I want to print a list of articles by category with the article “title” as the link text, but the “URL-only title” as the actual URL link.

Thanks -

“If you build it, they will come.”

#23 2004-07-01 06:02:01

pynchon

Matt, or anyone else,

How did you get it to finally work, that is show more than the category titles.

Currently, I’ve installed this plugin and have it on a page but it’s only showing a bulleted list of the categories with no article titles under them.

I’ve tried reloading the browser many times, but no go.

#24 2004-07-01 12:09:26

Matt
Website

Pynchon-
I switched from my old host to TextDrive and now it works fine. I’m afraid it might have been a server configuration problem. Is your textpattern install in a subdirectory of your server’s root folder?

#25 2004-07-01 16:18:53

pynchon

Matt, thanks for your quick reply! No, I don’t have my install in a subdirectory.

Had my server support working on this. They were helpful enough to try a test fresh install on their own and still couldn’t get it to work. Oh well, this sounded like just the thing I needed. But I guess I’ll have to wait for something else.

#26 2004-07-05 04:04:42

bluearc21
Website

> bluearc21 wrote:

> Could Dean or someone post how to edit this plugin so it prints the new “URL-only title” links – and not the older article title method?

Dean – Anyway to update this plugin?

#27 2004-07-05 18:49:30

bluearc21
Website

Okay, the following two changes to the Articles by Category plugin offered by Dean will print your content map with links to the new “url-only title” available in the advanced menu of article publishing.

1st change:

Original Plugin Query:

<code> $rs = getRows(“select ID, Title, Section from textpattern […]
</code>

Plugin Query Mod:

<code> $rs = getRows(“select ID, Title, url_title, Section from textpattern […]
</code>

2nd change:

Original Plugin code:

<code> if (trim($Title)) { $url = ($url_mode) ? tag($Title,‘a’,’ href=”’.$pfr.$Section. ‘/’.$ID.’/’.stripSpace($Title).’”’) : tag($Title,‘a’,’ href=”’.$pfr. ‘index.php?id=’.$ID.’”’); $thislist[] = tag($url,‘li’); }
</code>

Mod Plugin code:

<code> if (!($url_title)) { trim($Title); $url = ($url_mode) ? tag($Title,‘a’,’ href=”’.$pfr.$Section. ‘/’.$ID.’/’.stripSpace($Title).’”’) : tag($Title,‘a’,’ href=”’.$pfr. ‘index.php?id=’.$ID.’”’); $thislist[] = tag($url,‘li’); }else { trim($Title); $url = ($url_mode) ? tag($Title,‘a’,’ href=”’.$pfr.$Section. ‘/’.$ID.’/’.$url_title.’”’) : tag($Title,‘a’,’ href=”’.$pfr. ‘index.php?id=’.$ID.’”’); $thislist[] = tag($url,‘li’); }
</code>

#28 2004-07-21 12:26:30

Arura
Website

I have the same problem as pychon I installed textpattern in a subdirectory though.

#29 2004-08-13 04:13:00

Jeremie
Website

> Macindy wrote:
> Can somebody help me with a modification:
I don’t want that the plugin produces a list of ul and li tags. Simple puts the categorys in h5 tags and the article title in p tags.

It’s a list of things… why not use the list HTML tag then ? It has absolutely no disadvantages, and it’s developper’s friendly (aka semanticaly correct).

Board footer