Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2007-02-01 03:25:40

nardo

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

I have a section called “event”… this is the tag at your suggestion: <txp:zem_event_mini_calendar section="event" class="minical" class_event="full" class_empty="empty" />

no link in the mini calendar – but an event on 7 February is displayed in the main content area of the page

also get this: Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: section on line 582

I checked your example – and you do use a section attribute… ???

#50 2007-02-01 03:29:46

squaredeye
Website

Nardo,
Yes. I do use a section attribute, and I also get the unknown tag att. error, but its not affected the performance. This is odd indeed. Are you using this in a form or on a page? (not that it matters). I’m in touch with Alex about these issues. Thanks for helping track this stuff down. Very helpful.

#51 2007-02-01 06:34:19

disco_stu

ma_smith wrote:

Some of you have written about fields being autocompleted. Alex and I are both reluctant to believe that this is due to the plugin, though anything is possible, and would suggest you do several things as we try to track this down.

——————————

FWIW, I was having this issue and tried to replicate it as per your request, but couldn’t. I’ve tried to answer your questions below regardless. The only thing I did previously that I can think might have had any effect was to clear all the auto-completed fields and then click the “Publish” button on the article Write page. This didn’t create an article, but did have the effect of keeping the fields cleared when I return to the Write page subsequently. I assumed the fields would then retain whatever was last entered here, but I have since created a new event and the fields then returned to being empty the next time I visited the article Write page. Strange …

1) please tell us the browser/build you are using

When I was having the problem, I experienced it on: Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1) Opera 9.02 Build 8585 Windows XP Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.11 As a reminder (per my earlier post in this forum), with the latter two browsers I had experienced the auto-fill even thoughI had not perviously used the textpattern publishing interface in the browser in question.

2) look at the extensions / add ons for the browser you are using

Minimal extensions but nothing to do with autofill.

3) look at your overall system preferences in terms of auto-completion and assess if you have anything of that nature turned on

Auto-complete is functioning in some capacity in each browser, but autocomplete only triggers when you focus and type in a field. This symptom was manifesting automatically for all fields when the page was loaded.

4) observe other types of forms that might keep their data.

I haven’t seen anything like this elsewhere.

5) let us know which specific fields retain their data (is it all of them?, just the event fields?)

It was all event fields which I had previously filled in. Other fields (ie Excerpt, Article body) did not remain filled.

6) which host/type of server PHP/MYSQL set up are you running.

MySQL 4.0 PHP 4.3.4 on Redhat linux release 9 (shrike)

7) and anything else you can think of that might mess with this.

Thx.

Matthew

#52 2007-02-01 07:04:46

zem
Developer Emeritus

Quick thought: could the data retention thing be triggered by the article preview button or similar?

Alex

#53 2007-02-01 08:26:03

disco_stu

zem wrote:

Quick thought: could the data retention thing be triggered by the article preview button or similar?

FWIW, I hadn’t used the preview button on any event posts when I was experiencing this problem.

#54 2007-02-01 14:46:55

reuben
Website

I’ve just started playing with this plugin and so far so good – I’ll post more info once I find I have something to add to all of this.

Just wanted to chime-in that I was experiencing the duplication issue and disco_stu’s fix worked ie. I went in and cleared all the Events fields, emptied my cache, deleted all articles and that was it – it’s always clear now. I always have auto-complete turned off and I’m not using any autofill type plugins.

Reuben Whitehouse ~ Rocketfuelled

#55 2007-02-01 17:04:28

renobird
Website

Ladies and Gentlemen of TeamTextpattern,

Just wanted to drop a quick note of Thanks!
I Just found this plug-in and can’t contain my excitement.
I’ll report back when I’ve had more time to test.
Just wanted to share my excitement and a few kind words.

Keep up the good work…it is much appreciated out here.

Cheers!

#56 2007-02-01 17:53:15

renobird
Website

First Question:

Any way to make the “Location” dropdown just a plain textfield?
Otherwise any new location has to be added to the form (correct?)

Let me know if I’m missing something here.

#57 2007-02-01 21:00:07

jstubbs
Website

Mathew:

1. Is it possible to place the JS files via the stm_javascript plugin, instead of creating a /js folder in the /textpattern folder?

2. The errors I noted in the previous post I made referred to problems with seeing events listed in the mini-calendar. This has now been corrected, in my case the JS files were not being loaded properly (I think).

I am developing a site using MAMP, and the absolute path to the files needed to be set, rather than a relative link.

However, after changing the path to the JS files, then returning to the event articles and editing them, the links do NOT appear in the mini calendar, but any NEW event articles DO appear.

Flushed cache to be sure, no difference.

Also – the event articles DO appear correctly in the large calendar.

Still testing….a full list of the tags and the attributes would be helpful I think, if that’s possible?

#58 2007-02-01 21:41:02

squaredeye
Website

renobird : Any way to make the “Location” dropdown just a plain textfield?
Otherwise any new location has to be added to the form (correct?)

Not at the moment, but if you’d like to make that a formal request, I can start one at the front of the thread. It was originally intended that way, but I am guessing that there was a need, with another client, for that list to be predetermined, in order for the outcomes to be consistent. It would be nice if that were handled open ended I think too.

Be aware, that changes will cost money. This will never be a plugin where development is done for free, unless someone chooses to submit a fork of the plugin under similar license. (If I understand the licensing correctly)

Jstubbs wrote: Is it possible to place the JS files via the stm_javascript plugin, instead of creating a /js folder in the /textpattern folder?
2. The errors I noted in the previous post I made referred to problems with seeing events listed in the mini-calendar. This has now been corrected, in my case the JS files were not being loaded properly (I think). I am developing a site using MAMP, and the absolute path to the files needed to be set, rather than a relative link.

Perhaps you can think about using <txp:site_url /> so that you can handle external JS. It will not be placed into an internal file because it is likely that future releases of TXP will have the JQuery file in that location.

However, after changing the path to the JS files, then returning to the event articles and editing them, the links do NOT appear in the mini calendar, but any NEW event articles DO appear.

I’d dump your current articles (that aren’t appearing and start again). I don’t know enough about how the database works to tell you why this might work, but I am guessing it should get you going in the right direction.

Still testing….a full list of the tags and the attributes would be helpful I think, if that’s possible?

Hey, I think that’s a great idea! If you want to get on that, that’d be hot! personally I’m kicking myself for being the sole releaser of this plugin, as I don’t get paid to release it, but rather did this for the experience, but keeping the plugin moving is going to cost more. So, if you want to know how to write up some documentation, or start that process, a good place to start is checking the PHP of the plugin where you’ll find chunks that look like this:

function zem_event_date($atts) {
	global $zem_thiseventcal;
	$latts = lAtts(array(
		'type'    => 'date',
		'field'   => 'event_date',
		'format'  => '%x',
		'wraptag' => 'span',
		'class'   => __FUNCTION__,
	),$atts, 0);

I bet there’s some other folks who can help folks like you and I understand what’s going on in the php even more, but that’s a place to start :)

Last edited by ma_smith (2007-02-01 21:41:23)

#59 2007-02-01 22:15:36

jstubbs
Website

Mathew,

Is it the case that you don’t have a full list of the tags available and the style elements that we can use with each tag? Wondering, since you obviously paid a lot for this plugin and it would make sense that you got this basic information?

#60 2007-02-01 23:02:42

squaredeye
Website

jstubbs,
It would make sense if that were included with the price of this plugin, but it was not, if we would like to pay for more, that can be arranged. For styling, you can see what I have on the provided links, and I am happy to try to work with folks, but we are in the same boat :) PHP development does not come cheap, and we have all benefitted from folks who have a sense of philanthropy or hobby about provididing plugins, but for folks like the TeamTextpattern crew, they need to make a living :)

I’ll share when I have something to share :)

Matthew

ps. good question though. worth asking.

Board footer